Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Kriegsverdienstmedaille - Share

Article about: Hi, I Share with you, my new medal: Kriegsverdienstmedaille - War Merit Medal - PKZ number 108 (Arno Wallpach Salzburg ). Regards., Von River

Default Re: Kriegsverdienstmedaille - Share

Same with me. First marked one I have seen.
    An amazing find. It's a beauty.
    All the best
    Dave

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsverdienstmedaille - Share
    P
    Many

The problem with these open rings is that it takes one minute to switch rings from a marked KVK to a non mm KVM.
    But with that said, I have seen one of these KVM with a mm before, and it was also a 108 and that also came with a Arno Wallpach paper bag so in this case I belive it.

Maybe Arno Wallpach marked some of their rings before the were put on the awards, and some (very few) ended up on KVM´s. After all, it is the same rings used for both KVK and KVM.

Quote by SwePeter View Post
    The problem with these open rings is that it takes one minute to switch rings from a marked KVK to a non mm KVM.
    But with that said, I have seen one of these KVM with a mm before, and it was also a 108 and that also came with a Arno Wallpach paper bag so in this case I belive it.

Maybe Arno Wallpach marked some of their rings before the were put on the awards, and some (very few) ended up on KVM´s. After all, it is the same rings used for both KVK and KVM.
    Hi

I dont think it would be as easy as that, the damage and stress caused to the suspension ring would break it or, at the very least, leave noticeable damage that would be easily spotted. Bear in mind the materials are going on 80 years old.

Cameron
    Last edited by Cameron Stockton; 03-30-2013 at 05:17 PM.

Quote by Cameron Stockton View Post
    Hi

I dont it would be as easy as that, the damage and stress caused to the suspension ring would break it or, at the very least, leave a noticeable mark that would be easily spotted. Bear in mind the materials are going on 80 years old.

Cameron
    I have replaced rings a couple of times so I know it is that easy. As long as you dont use steel pliers you can do it without leaving any marks.

So dont pay extra for maker marked KVM, its a nice feature but unless its a soldered ring you can never be sure.

Bump, so the KVM are almost never maker marked? I'm a big fan of marked items but then I dont need to spend hours after hours looking for a marked one?

I'm a buckle guy but I just got a craving for KVK's and KVM
    Last edited by Wewelsburg; 04-16-2016 at 09:08 PM.

I have seen marked examples of KVM:
    5 - Hermann Wernstein
    60 - Katz & Deyhle
    77 - Hauptünzamt

But I'm somewhat suspicious regarding these marked examples since the maker mark looks not genuine.

But this Arno Wallpach maker mark looks promising if I compare to KVK2 marked ones.

/Jonas

Default Same marker

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsverdienstmedaille - Share  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2