Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Kriegsverdiesntkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwerten.

Article about: Hi everyone, I was looking to buy a war merit cross 2nd with sword and found this one for a good prize. I wanted to know what experts like you guys think about it and can tell me about it co

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Better snap it up before I do ! ! !

The ones without swords ( 1st and 2nd Classes ) are for some
    type of performance in non combat situations - to 'further
    the War effort'.........
    I know that, what I mean is that I saw a war merit cross without swords 2nd class silver and war merit cross without swords 2nd class bronze...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsverdiesntkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwerten.
    P
    Many

Quote by KMMorris View Post
    Its a fine cross, and its good to see that you have found a very reputable dealer. Now if i understand your question you want to know what the difference is between the one you have shown and a "silver" one. Ok unlike other German awards the War Cross did not follower the Black/bronze-silver-Gold ranking system. The one you have displayed is made out of tombac and is usually an early war version (copper-zinc mix) Where this one is made out of pure zinc and has tarnished. No difference in stature of the medal but different material compound. Although the tombac ones do have a nicer look.
    Attachment 565036

When you get into the Knights cross of the war merit cross you will find actual silver medals.

Here is my set which is currently missing the 1st class without swords.
    Attachment 565037

I hope this has helped
    Morris
    Thank, yes it helped, but this mean that the tombac one is less good than the pure zinc one? It would be better to get a zinc one for my collection? Is it consider more rare the zing one than the tombac one? Nice plastic sleeves where you got them from?! Hahaha sorry for asking so many questions!

The 'silver' one you saw was either a Knights Cross version,
    a repro 2nd class, or as said, one with no finish remaining
    - ie: a medal made of zinc.

The earlier ones look 'nicer' but there is no real
    difference in price.........
    Regards,

Steve.

You see, the two are war merit sword 2nd class without sword. One is silver and the other one bronze...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsverdiesntkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwerten.   Kriegsverdiesntkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwerten.  

What you've shown are one and the same - it's simply the lighting.
    There is no 2nd Class KVK in silver.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    What you've shown are one and the same - it's simply the lighting.
    There is no 2nd Class KVK in silver.........
    Really?! Wow, I was confuse all that time lol! But it really look silver and not bronze... But thank for the help!

There are many grades of War Merit Crosses....at the top is the Gold War Merit Knight's Cross neck award with and without swords, and next are the Solid Silver neck awards with and without swords...then comes the 1st Class silver washed awards with the pin back both with and without swords....then comes the Bronze finished 2nd Class crosses on a ring and ribbon-again with and without swords and finally comes the 3rd class round disk medals on rings and ribbons with an embossed cross on it-with or without swords. As you can see, quite a number to find,and a complete set is nearly impossible, as, for example, the Gold Knights award without swords was only awarded Twice (and then, not Physically, but just on Paper, as the award date was a mere 2 weeks before the final surrender of the war-and None were awarded With the swords..), etc.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    There are many grades of War Merit Crosses....at the top is the Gold War Merit Knight's Cross neck award with and without swords, and next are the Solid Silver neck awards with and without swords...then comes the 1st Class silver washed awards with the pin back both with and without swords....then comes the Bronze finished 2nd Class crosses on a ring and ribbon-again with and without swords and finally comes the 3rd class round disk medals on rings and ribbons with an embossed cross on it-with or without swords. As you can see, quite a number to find,and a complete set is nearly impossible, as, for example, the Gold Knights award without swords was only awarded Twice (and then, not Physically, but just on Paper, as the award date was a mere 2 weeks before the final surrender of the war-and None were awarded With the swords..), etc.
    Ah ok, but is it better to get war merit cross in zing or tombac?

Tombak is preferable to zinc, of course, as zinc tends to absorb the finish over years until you end up with a plain grey badge instead of the original finish.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Ok thank for the advice

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast