Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Kriegsverdiesntkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwerten.

Article about: Hi everyone, I was looking to buy a war merit cross 2nd with sword and found this one for a good prize. I wanted to know what experts like you guys think about it and can tell me about it co

But what the difference between orange ribbon and red ribbon?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsverdiesntkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwerten.
    P
    Many

A variation is all.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    There are many grades of War Merit Crosses....at the top is the Gold War Merit Knight's Cross neck award with and without swords, and next are the Solid Silver neck awards with and without swords...then comes the 1st Class silver washed awards with the pin back both with and without swords....then comes the Bronze finished 2nd Class crosses on a ring and ribbon-again with and without swords and finally comes the 3rd class round disk medals on rings and ribbons with an embossed cross on it-with or without swords. As you can see, quite a number to find,and a complete set is nearly impossible, as, for example, the Gold Knights award without swords was only awarded Twice (and then, not Physically, but just on Paper, as the award date was a mere 2 weeks before the final surrender of the war-and None were awarded With the swords..), etc.
    (3rd class round disk medals on rings and ribbons with an embossed cross on it-with or without swords)?

Hi William. I have never heard of the medal referred to as a 3rd class or seen one with swords? for a disk (medal). If so I am out of the loop on these.
    The War Merit Medal (German: Kriegsverdienstmedaille) was instituted on 19 August 1940 to recognize outstanding service by civilians in connection with the war effort. The medal was restricted to civilians - both German and non-German - and was awarded predominantly to those working in war factories.

Eric
    Last edited by Eric Zentner; 09-06-2013 at 05:08 AM.
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

The Kriegs Verdienst Medal is a civilian award only - no swords.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by General View Post
    But what the difference between orange ribbon and red ribbon?
    Some fade this way but it was red.

Eric

lol Good catch there, Steve! At that point, I was so bored with typing "with or without swords" I simply typed it on All the grades without remembering the one only came with no swords! (I also meant to write 3rd type rather than Class, but it doesn't really matter all that much in any case). Naturally, it was a civilian badge, but it does have the cross marked on it, and I've always considered it part of the family of War Merit's.
    If I recall right, there Had been talk of a proposed Gold grade with Diamonds in the wreath also, but it never got to production.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I guess My post 23 was mush...William.

Eric

No....mush would be my Head...but that's another story for another thread...lol
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

It is a good W&L no problems with it.

a very nice mint one.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast