Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

KVK 1 fake or original?

Article about: by atgstg mmm....KVK 1st with swords - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums Mmmmm.... Indeed. Some of the more knowledgable collectors around have commented,over a dozen replies, and there

Default Re: KVK 1 fake or original?

Mmmmm.... Indeed. Some of the more knowledgable collectors around have commented,over a dozen replies, and there is still not one iota of proof that the award and the pin are original to each other.

I assume that you are 'kiddsta73' and already own this piece, hence you have come here in the hope of some positive feedback about this cross. Well, either here or on WAF, I don't think that anyones going to put their balls on the block and state unequivocally that the pin and medal are original to each other. They may be, but it's going to be a difficult job proving it IMO.

As I said earlier, there are plenty of others out there without the issues this one has going on with it, and for that reason I wouldn't want it.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement KVK 1 fake or original?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: KVK 1 fake or original?

Plenty of speculation and ideas but no concrete evidence that this is a proven original that can be identified to a maker. I've certainly never come across such a pin set up like this on a KVK1 before.
    My thoughts are purely that and mean very little but I would not choose to spend money on this cross when I could buy a definite original with no issues.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2