Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

KVK mit Schwerter stick pin

Article about: I bought this recently because I'm working on a small KVK display, and I thought you guys might like to see it, even though it isn't anything special. What impresses me about these is the de

?

Default KVK mit Schwerter stick pin

I bought this recently because I'm working on a small KVK display, and I thought you guys might like to see it, even though it isn't anything special. What impresses me about these is the detail in such a tiny pin. Included for scale is an American penny.

KVK mit Schwerter stick pinKVK mit Schwerter stick pin

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement KVK mit Schwerter stick pin
    P
    Many

Quote by Erno View Post
    I bought this recently because I'm working on a small KVK display, and I thought you guys might like to see it, even though it isn't anything special. What impresses me about these is the detail in such a tiny pin. Included for scale is an American penny.

KVK mit Schwerter stick pinKVK mit Schwerter stick pin
    Nice little pin Rick! Please share the KVK display with us, once you've finished it .

?

Quote by Aleksander P View Post
    Nice little pin Rick! Please share the KVK display with us, once you've finished it .
    Thank you! I will definitely post it once I've gotten everything assembled. It'll have everything but the RKs, which I think will make for a nice small display.

I'm eagerly waiting to see it. Displays like those make the items stand out very well, even if they aren't that special.

?

Quote by Aleksander P View Post
    I'm eagerly waiting to see it. Displays like those make the items stand out very well, even if they aren't that special.
    I agree about that! All types of KVK with the exception of the Knight's Cross are pretty common, but they aren't often seen all together (that is, with the first and second classes, medal bars, stick pins and KVM). It may be difficult to find the KVK ohne Schwerter stick pin, though. It took a while to find the one with swords, and I suspect that the one without might be a bit less common.

?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but were there stick pins made for all classes of KVK, or just RK and I. Klasse? Am I correct in thinking that mine is the first class award? Thanks in advance for any help.

?

Thumbs up Stickpin

Quote by Erno View Post
    Sorry if this is a stupid question, but were there stick pins made for all classes of KVK, or just RK and I. Klasse? Am I correct in thinking that mine is the first class award? Thanks in advance for any help.
    Hi Erno,
    I would say that the example that you posted is for the 1st class only of the War Merit Cross with Swords. Here are two stickpin examples that I own that represent the RK des Kvk as well as the 1st class. One example shows the RK des KvK with Swords and 1st Class with Swords and the second example shows the RK des KvK without Swords and 1st Class with Swords.

Regards,
    Jody
    Attached Images Attached Images KVK mit Schwerter stick pin  KVK mit Schwerter stick pin 

?

Thumbs up stickpins

To add to your comment, yes they did make a stickpin for the 2nd class versions as well as for the War Merit Medal. Here is an example I have that shows both grades of the 1914 Iron Cross and the 2nd Class without Swords. It is the example in the upper left corner.

Jody
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture KVK mit Schwerter stick pin  

?

Thank you, Jody! I've seen several stick pins for the first class and a few for the RK, but none for the second class. It seems that not many were made for some reason. I've also seen a miniature KVM (not just the stick pin, but a miniature with both sides and the ribbon) which I would very much like to own. These are all common awards, which would seem to suggest that the miniatures should be common as well, but they don't seem to be.