Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need help! Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwertern, real or fake?

Article about: Thanks alot for the quick answers ___________________________________ I need some help to figure out if my WW2-medal is real. It's the german war merit cross and it has been in my garage sin

?

Default Need help! Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwertern, real or fake?

Thanks alot for the quick answers

I need some help to figure out if my WW2-medal is real. It's the german war merit cross and it has been in my garage since my grandfather passed away.
    I have some pictures but if its not enough i can take some more.

Thanks!

Need help! Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwertern, real or fake?Need help! Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwertern, real or fake?Need help! Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwertern, real or fake?Need help! Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwertern, real or fake?Need help! Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwertern, real or fake?
    Last edited by olly89; 01-17-2013 at 09:47 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help! Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwertern, real or fake?
    P
    Many

Default re: Need help! Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwertern, real or fake?

Looks fine to me.
    And welcome to the forum.
    Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Default re: Need help! Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwertern, real or fake?

Looks like a good late war example.

Why do you have a problem with it?

Looks like an original. Might check the suspension ring for a makers mark (small number stamped into the ring) . . . doesn't affect orginality if there isn't one, though.

A nice example !

Welcome to the forum

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Welcome to the forum.
    Looks good to me.
    chris

?

Default Re: Need help! Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwertern, real or fake?

Thanks alot!

I had a friend that was interested in buying it but i wanted to know if it was real. Now that it seems to be real i might keep it and start collecting more WW2 relics. Anyone got at tip on were to start?

?

Default Re: Need help! Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2.Klasse mit Schwertern, real or fake?

Welcome to the forum. You have a good, original late war medal made from zinc. If you have a direct connection to it, either your Grandfather earned it or brought it back from the the war I would urge you to keep it. Too many pieces from families are given away or sold and I find this very sad.

You made a good start by joining the forum. There is a huge amount of information and knowledge here and some of the best collectors in the hobby who are here to offer you advice and keep you away from fake pieces.

Take some time to decide what you want to collect and what you really want to see in your collection. These pieces can be expensive so if you have any potential purchases, please make sure you post them here and let the more experienced guys take a look before you part with any money.
    Ask questions, use the search button and don't be afraid to ask. I can't speak for others but I would rather answer the same question over and over than see someone make an expensive mistake.

But most importantly - enjoy your hobby!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Thats the thing, i don't really know how and if it's connected with him.

He was, just like me, from Sweden and he never wanted to talk about that time in his life and my dad doesn't seem to know much about that either. He were born mid -40s and don't have own memories about the war.
    I've heard about swedish volonteers for the german army so maybe he was one of them.

?

Just another Q, how do you guys know it's a late war medal? What seperates the late ones from the early?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast