Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need opinions on my 2 War Merit Crosses w/ Swords

Article about: Hi, all. I need help with the authenticity of my two war merit crosses pictured here. I know these aren't rare or high-value medals, but I am just really stumped about this first one. It was

Exclamation Need opinions on my 2 War Merit Crosses w/ Swords

Hi, all. I need help with the authenticity of my two war merit crosses pictured here. I know these aren't rare or high-value medals, but I am just really stumped about this first one. It was "guaranteed original" and I have posted it here once before but not with very good pictures. People I have shown this to in-person have told me both ways, good and bad. From further away and photo taken without a flash, it appears very dark as seen here. Close-up and with a flash, however, it appears somewhat different. I am also not sure what the material is as it feels like the weight of the 2nd one, brass one. The 2nd cross was a recent purchase. I was just curious what anyone thought about it and posting it for comparison to the 1st one.

Thanks for any and all opinions!
    -Adam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need opinions on my 2 War Merit Crosses w/ Swords   Need opinions on my 2 War Merit Crosses w/ Swords  

Need opinions on my 2 War Merit Crosses w/ Swords   Need opinions on my 2 War Merit Crosses w/ Swords  

Attached Images Attached Images Need opinions on my 2 War Merit Crosses w/ Swords  Need opinions on my 2 War Merit Crosses w/ Swords 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need opinions on my 2 War Merit Crosses w/ Swords
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Need opinions on my 2 War Merit Crosses w/ Swords

Both are good, original examples Adam, I see no issues with either.
    Colours of the KVK2 vary from very light to very dark.
    Take a look at the pic below, you will see a variation on colours, details and finishes......
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need opinions on my 2 War Merit Crosses w/ Swords  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Thanks, Adrian! I didn't know they varied so much. Thanks for the example of the color spectrum.

Best,
    Adam

Both are indeed good. Nice KVK's guys. This is my favourite one. Stewy S
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need opinions on my 2 War Merit Crosses w/ Swords   Need opinions on my 2 War Merit Crosses w/ Swords  

Need opinions on my 2 War Merit Crosses w/ Swords   Need opinions on my 2 War Merit Crosses w/ Swords  

Really nice Merit Crosses you have there. The Merit Cross, while not a valuable or high-end medal like you say, is still a great medal. It looks really nice, and the notable variation between metals and luster among examples makes it an interesting collectible.

Another thing to keep in mind is that--while you can never be to careful--the War Merit Cross second class is not widely faked, so you can usually be sure that any merit cross you get is going to be the real deal, especially if you get it from a dealer.

Quote by locloc08 View Post
    Really nice Merit Crosses you have there. The Merit Cross, while not a valuable or high-end medal like you say, is still a great medal. It looks really nice, and the notable variation between metals and luster between examples makes it an interesting collectible.
    I think they are an excellently designed medal and really look fantastic.
    Similar to the WWI 'Bavaria War Merit Cross' in execution.

Up here, you can still find them for around $20.00 'ohneschwerten',
    and $45.00 'mit schwerten', complete with ribbon.
    A bit more with the envelope........

Regards, Steve.