Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Question /help on KvK ribbon length

Article about: Here is a qustion how long is the ribbon for the badge shown here?is there a special size that it has to be?picked up a bunch of original merit ribons just did not if they are ok this long?t

?

Default Question /help on KvK ribbon length

Here is a qustion how long is the ribbon for the badge shown here?is there a special size that it has to be?picked up a bunch of original merit ribons just did not if they are ok this long?thanks guys
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Question /help on KvK ribbon length  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Question /help on KvK ribbon length
    P
    Many

?

Default re: Question /help on KvK ribbon length

How long is it Pammy? I have a few unissued EK and KVK ribbons that are roughly 11 inches long. This is the standard length of ribbon that was issued with the medal. That way there was enough to wear through the button hole with some left over to hang the medal from, get a court mount or perhaps sew a length through the buttonhole on a spare uniform.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

thank you,they are 11in abought and on some you see they are small .as i guess people cut them so they could use them for another?well thanks and nice to here from you and thats very interesting !!

Hello

EK2's, KVK's, etc. were issued with 30 centimeters of 25 mm wide ribbon. This converts to 11.81 inches in length.

The recipient would cut off some of the ribbon to sew into the second buttonhole of his tunic. If the tunic was a wrap, it would be sewn into the top buttonhole.

The remnants of the ribbon would be left with the medal. This is why you find some with shorter pieces of ribbon. The ribbon you are asking about has not been cut.

Best Regards, fischer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Question /help on KvK ribbon length   Question /help on KvK ribbon length  

And what about ribbon that is much longer than 30 centimeters? I have a KvK ribbon that seems to be longer than this - don't know what it is.

Thats a great picture example Fischer

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

thanks fischer and Adrian.
    fischer very nice detailed pictures thank you so much as iam learning and that realy did the trick as i see now!!!thanks so much realy!! i know the merit badge i have is very common,but i grabbed a bunch of original ribbons full length just incase as i have two one was with out one but now i have put one on it..and i might get more with out the ribbon so at the price i got them for it was well worth it..they dont glow under black light as i learned that on here along with so much!!just a great site !thanks again ..pammy

Quote by Neil Hever View Post
    And what about ribbon that is much longer than 30 centimeters? I have a KvK ribbon that seems to be longer than this - don't know what it is.
    Hello

Not sure...a guess on my part (assuming it is original) is it's a piece from a roll that has been cut away at sometime. Dealers have gotten rolls like this and cut pieces off for sale.

Best Regards, fischer
    Attached Images Attached Images Question /help on KvK ribbon length 

?

hi,very nice roll you have!yes its 100% original as i have one that came on the merit badge and the strips i bought witch were 6 total 11 in and a little more as its a pain to get in and out of the display case..but they all has a little peice of the white thred at both ends?i guess from cutting it into strips ?dont know but they were cheap at a great price it just makes the merit badge worth a little more with one on it..as i will more then likely find more with out the ribbon then with?just guessing...thanks for the great pictures as that realy helps out a great deal!thank you so much for that...you have a wonderful day! oh,i just look around and check out e-bay also thats were i found these ,sometimes you do good and sometime i guess you could get scamed /get something thats not original.but i took a gamble and it payed off as these are not rare ,but i think great to have as iam sure there is more out there with out there ribbon then with?well realy thanks again and love the pictures you posted as this will help others learn...pammy iam sorry you were talking to the other guy abought original ..sorry just skip that part,and thanks again..

Default Re: Question /help on KvK ribbon length

Quote by fischer View Post
    Hello

EK2's, KVK's, etc. were issued with 30 centimeters of 25 mm wide ribbon. This converts to 11.81 inches in length.

The recipient would cut off some of the ribbon to sew into the second buttonhole of his tunic. If the tunic was a wrap, it would be sewn into the top buttonhole.

The remnants of the ribbon would be left with the medal. This is why you find some with shorter pieces of ribbon. The ribbon you are asking about has not been cut.

Best Regards, fischer

Thank you for posting this fischer, very good photos and explanation. I have always wondered about how this was done, and the procedures.

Regards, Steve