Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Real or Fake Kriegsverdienstkreuz?

Article about: Hi Bob They are not overly faked but the ones that are usually have poor, soft detail. They are nice crosses with a striking ribbon and easily found with packet of issue. Nick

Default Re: Real or Fake Kriegsverdienstkreuz?

Hi Bob

They are not overly faked but the ones that are usually have poor, soft detail. They are nice crosses with a striking ribbon and easily found with packet of issue.

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Real or Fake Kriegsverdienstkreuz?
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Blitzkrieg Bop View Post
    I might want to buy a few more of these. They are nice. How can I tell if they are fake?
    These are an under rated award, you can build a very respectable collection of KVKs for very little money compared to EKs, Kriegsabzeichen etc.
    Fakes are generally poor quality and due to the abundance of original awards you will be very unlucky if you got a fake. I was unlucky once and was sent a fake, it bent easily and had poor details. Luckily the seller replaced it with an absolutely mint example so all was not lost.
    You can't go far wrong by obtaining a nice mint, packeted Deschler hoard piece to start your collection.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by AdrianC View Post
    These are an under rated award, you can build a very respectable collection of KVKs for very little money compared to EKs, Kriegsabzeichen etc.
    Fakes are generally poor quality and due to the abundance of original awards you will be very unlucky if you got a fake. I was unlucky once and was sent a fake, it bent easily and had poor details. Luckily the seller replaced it with an absolutely mint example so all was not lost.
    You can't go far wrong by obtaining a nice mint, packeted Deschler hoard piece to start your collection.
    Adrians right, I have a KVK without swords, mm1 with packet and tissue on the way, which I think will be from the hoard, they look just too good to say no to
    We should start an appreciation thread

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Quote by Wolfspear View Post
    We should start an appreciation thread

Nick
    For the Deschler hoard or KVKs?

Thanks a lot guys. They are pretty medals. 40 dollars won't break the bank, so maybe I can buy 3 or 5.

Without a ribbon I see them for around $30 or at the most $40. Fakes might have a brighter finish and probably are not stamped. Your example should have some tiny stamp grooves around the edge. The patina is perfect too for something this age and composition. If you are lucky you might also find the paper packet marked "Kriegs=verdienstkreuz 2. Klasse mit Schwertern. NH
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Real or Fake Kriegsverdienstkreuz?  

?

I've posted this pic before but it's worth posting again just to point out the finish, materials and difference in colour on originals. They range from a dark chocolate brown to a light, bright, brassy finish and all colours in between.
    The finish depends on the base material and wear also. Details can be fine or quite crude.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Real or Fake Kriegsverdienstkreuz?  

?

That is a packet for a Kriegsverdienstmedaille, not a Kriegsverdienstkreuz......

Try here for some KVK award packets (just scroll up a little.).

Whoops, clicked on the wrong link. Thanks for catching me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast