Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Ritterkreuz des Kriegsverdienstkreuzes mit Schwertern - unstuck - real or fake ?

Article about: by Walkwolf Genuine 'Knights Cross of the War Merit Cross' awards were made of pure solid silver, as mentioned.......... I know that but I am trying to figure out what is this piece - struck

Default Re: Ritterkreuz des Kriegsverdienstkreuzes mit Schwertern - unstuck - real or fake ?

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Genuine 'Knights Cross of the War Merit Cross' awards were
    made of pure solid silver, as mentioned..........
    I know that but I am trying to figure out what is this piece - struck from the original ? test run ? fake ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ritterkreuz des Kriegsverdienstkreuzes mit Schwertern - unstuck - real or fake ?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Ritterkreuz des Kriegsverdienstkreuzes mit Schwertern - unstuck - real or fake ?

I mean the reverses of the pieces above, not the reverse side of the cross. What does the other side of the items above look like?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

it dose not look like a test or prototype, if it was a test for the final award it would have been struck in the material it was going to be produced in. I am suspicious about this.

Morris

I was always under the impression that these had to have 3 bands and not 4 as in the 1st post (see marked area) I could be wrong, but if not, probably an attempt at a fake?

Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ritterkreuz des Kriegsverdienstkreuzes mit Schwertern - unstuck - real or fake ?  

Quote by Adrian View Post
    I mean the reverses of the pieces above, not the reverse side of the cross. What does the other side of the items above look like?
    Adrian, I believe this has been struck in one piece.
    Regards,

Steve.

Yes it is one piece

?

Quote by StuG III View Post
    I was always under the impression that these had to have 3 bands and not 4 as in the 1st post (see marked area) I could be wrong, but if not, probably an attempt at a fake?

Tom
    The four bands are correct Tom, they should have four top and bottom of the wreath.

Quote by meyle77 View Post
    Yes it is one piece
    Sorry, I thought it was two pieces, a front and back. I wish I could help out more but I've never seen anything like this. It could be an original test piece but then again it could be a fake test piece.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

IMO i believe it is a striking of a fake test, when the medals were shown to the war board in 1938 they were shown if full not in a half struck solid figure. so IMO is is a fake

l have a similar item, that was found in an old building rubble, with some un-finished belt buckles, probley 10 yrs ago, this looks like aluminum, have no idea what it was for, thought maybe a part of a die or something, l posted it one time before...l also have a hitler head profile, thats about the same, if i can find it again..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ritterkreuz des Kriegsverdienstkreuzes mit Schwertern - unstuck - real or fake ?   Ritterkreuz des Kriegsverdienstkreuzes mit Schwertern - unstuck - real or fake ?  

Ritterkreuz des Kriegsverdienstkreuzes mit Schwertern - unstuck - real or fake ?   Ritterkreuz des Kriegsverdienstkreuzes mit Schwertern - unstuck - real or fake ?  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2