Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sorry - no medal ! KVK 2.Klasse citation......

Article about: I should mention that really, awards are not an area of collecting that I get involved in. But I bought this recently as something to add to my small 'Eastern Front' collection. 263.Infanter

Default Re: Sorry - no medal ! KVK 2.Klasse citation......

I vaguely remember this being the way I began, only with EKs. A 65 marked EKI in case led to part of a box for K&Q, which led to a 65 marked EKII with K&Q marked packet, and then an unmarked 65 EKII with anther K&Q packet. As for the 65 RK? Yeah I dunno about that one. As for helmets with different service branches and makers, that's gonna get expensive but its not my intended goal. Good start to your medal collection!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Sorry - no medal ! KVK 2.Klasse citation......
    P
    Many

Thumbs up Re: Sorry - no medal ! KVK 2.Klasse citation......

Quote by Adrian View Post
    I give it three days max............
    You were wrong ! It took two.................................

I simply couldn't resist this : -

OK, OK - I know it's not the actual medal which accompanied the citation. But I'm very pleased indeed with overall group, which for me is 'made' by the two words : -

'In the field' on the Eastern Front, winter '41/'42 makes this group a nice addition to my collection.

And you're all quite correct : I've seen many of the medals for sale over the years and completely ignored them . It is an aesthetically pleasing item and may well not be the first I'll purchase.............

Hi Martin, would you ""NEED"" a cased 65 marked EKI? ;-)) I haveth one you knowith ;-)) Also, I have a mintish Deumer KvK 1 im trying to get shed of ;-))

Talking Re: Sorry - no medal ! KVK 2.Klasse citation......

Ha haaaaaaa ! I know your game - you are trying to tempt me from the true and honest path of relic and field equipment collecting !

Many thanks for the offer ( and the EK sounds delightfully tempting ) but no noooo noooooooooooooo !

A nice little 'project' for me this year will be to watch out for a reasonably-priced ( ie cheap ! ) '65' marked kVk to go with the empty packet which I now own.

Quote by Martin Bull View Post
    Ha haaaaaaa ! I know your game - you are trying to tempt me from the true and honest path of relic and field equipment collecting !

Many thanks for the offer ( and the EK sounds delightfully tempting ) but no noooo noooooooooooooo !

A nice little 'project' for me this year will be to watch out for a reasonably-priced ( ie cheap ! ) '65' marked kVk to go with the empty packet which I now own.
    Heh heh, darn!!!!!! I thought I had you converted into a hopeless collector like I am ;-))

Lightbulb Re: Sorry - no medal ! KVK 2.Klasse citation......

To show that I'm sliding inexorably down the slippery slope, I've acquired via e-bay a copy of Williamson/Charita's book 'The War Merit Cross'.......

?

Martin an excellent thread & some top dollar bits you have there..I agree with everyone on here this hobby is a nightmare!!!! Once you start digging around & researching you will be selling the cat next...to get your next "fix"...medal/badge...Just dont look at German crosses..bloody pricey as I'm finding out lol.. Cheers Terry.

Smile Re: Sorry - no medal ! KVK 2.Klasse citation......

Funny you should say that - here's my latest little addition.........

The envelope doesn't 'belong' with the medal ; I found it on Deutsche e-bay. I shall be on the lookout for a suitable certificate to go with it, now.

?

Martin another top dollar medal not too pricey either which is nice ..Keep them coming lol.. Cheers Terry.

?

Is this new one marked? It looks like a Deschler hoard medal.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2