Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

what is this?

Article about: found this during the clearance of my great aunts house. not sure where it came from. any ideas as im curious as to where she would of got it from. looks in very good condition. thanks in ad

boxhead
    ?

Default what is this?

found this during the clearance of my great aunts house.

not sure where it came from. any ideas as im curious as to where she would of got it from.

looks in very good condition.

thanks in advance
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture what is this?   what is this?  

what is this?   what is this?  

2. # ADS

Default Re: what is this?

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

It is a War Merit Cross (Kriegsverdienstkreuz) 1st Class without swords.

A good original example.

Cheers, Ade.

boxhead
    ?

any value to it or just something to keep safe at the back of a drawer? It was very nearly binned!

it is stamped 50 on the pin.

The "50" on the pin is maker Karl Gschiermeister,Wien. They do have a value,especially boxed. But if it was from a relatives house,do you really want to sell it? These were non-combatant awards. Could this be a family members? Stewy S

I am glad you saved it.

It does have a value. Here in the UK they retail at about £150 or there abouts.

See here for the list of makers number codes:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/order...markings-4395/

Cheers, Ade.

boxhead
    ?

My family is all from the Wiltshire, England. No logical explaination where it came from.

I dont have any intrest in medals, athough WW2 is a major interest due to my love of underground bunkers and mines.

I will prob keep it but as a collector myself i cant help think it might be worth allowing someone with an interest to own it instead of it sitting in a drawer.

dont like ebay as good stuff tends to blend in with all the fake!

Due to Swaz,obscured or not Ebay would pull it. If i was you i'd keep it for a while. You never know,you may get the collecting bug. Failing that there's a sales section here. Stewy S

a beautyfull badge you have there, keep it....

Wink Re: what is this?

It's not too often that nice pieces like yours just turn up around the house, epecially in that good of condition, and cased to boot! I'd hang onto it....

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.