Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

My lowest numbered Order of the Red Star: 681736

Article about: Ade, A very beautiful star. The detail of the soldier is wonderful. Congratulations! Regards, Gus

Default re: My lowest numbered Order of the Red Star: 681736

Ade,

A very beautiful star. The detail of the soldier is wonderful.

Congratulations!

Regards,

Gus

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My lowest numbered Order of the Red Star: 681736
    P
    Many

Ade, please get this researched!

Hi Mo, sadly still on my "to do" list. Times have been hard here and funds short.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Ade,Nice low number. mine is in the two million range ,but i still like it.Carl

Can't wait to hear the story this one has to tell!

Default Re: My lowest numbered Order of the Red Star: 681736

I have finally ordered the research for this one.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi Guys, the research is here! He seemed like a dedicated officer, both in his service in the Army and to the Party.

Record card

Order booklet nr. A-440752

1. Last name: Zhuravlyov
    2. First name and patronymic: Mikhail Alekseyevich
    3. Military rank: Captain of the Quartermaster Service
    4. Sex: Male
    5. Year of birth: 1902
    6. Place of birth: Village of Markhachevo, Rybinsk Raion, Yaroslavl Oblast
    7. Party membership (since which year): Member of the Communist Party since 1931
    8. Education: Elementary
    9. Nationality: Russian
    10. Since which year in the Red Army: From November 15, 1919 through October 1925 and since October 1, 1932
    11. Place of service (name of the unit) and position occupied at the time of the award: Liaison officer in the staff of the 42nd Army
    12. Current place of service and position: Assistant commander for supplies of the 102nd Border Guards Detachment, Ministry of Internal Affairs branch of the Leningrad Military District
    13. Home address of the awardee: Village of Seivyaste, Koivisto Raion, Leningrad Oblast
    14. Record of all awards received:

Name of the order or medal Serial number Number of the document Ground of award
    Medal for Combat Merit 696456 Temporary certificate nr. 982493 Order of the 42nd Army nr. 0910/N of November 18, 1943
    Order of the Red Star 681736 Temporary certificate nr. B-368550 Order of the 42nd Army nr. 0549/N of August 1, 1944
    Order of the Red Banner 123449 Temporary certificate nr. 024553 Decree of November 3, 1944
    Medal for the Defense of Leningrad / Permanent certificate nr. A-05528 Decree of December 22, 1942
    Medal for the Victory over Germany in the Great Patriotic War of 1941–1945 / Permanent certificate nr. D-0124522 Decree of May 9, 1945

Signature of the awardee: [signed]

I confirm the correctness of the data and the signature of the awardee (position and signature):

Commander of the 102nd Border Guard Detachment
    Colonel [signed] /Takhtasyev/
    July 26, 1946

Award sheet

All fields to be filled out fully

[Pencil note: Red Star]
    [Pen note: Order, Red Star, [signed], July 31]

Award sheet

1. Last name, first name, and patronymic: Zhuravlyov, Mikhail Alekseyevich
    2. Rank: Captain of the Quartermaster Service
    3. Position and unit: Liaison officer to the commander of the Rear of the 42nd Army
    Nominated for: Order of the Red Star
    4. Year of birth: 1902
    5. Nationality: Russian
    6. Party affiliation: Member of the Communist Party
    7. Participation in the Patriotic War, the subsequent combat actions to defend the USSR, and the Patriotic War (where and when): In the war against the Fins and the Patriotic War
    8. Wounds and contusions received during the Patriotic War: No
    9. Since when in the Red Army: Since 1924
    10. Drafted by which military commissariat:
    11. Awards received previously (when and for which merits): Medal for the Defense of Leningrad and Medal for Combat Merit in 1943
    12. Permanent home address of the prospective awardee and the address of his family: _______________

Short, concrete description of his combat feat or merits:

Captain of the Quartermaster Service M.A. Zhuravlyov has been serving in the Red Army for 15 years. He is a disciplined officer, who is capable of taking initiative. He is demanding of himself and his subordinates and he commands authority among both his subordinates and his fellow officers. Serving as the liaison officer to the commander of the army’s Rear and simultaneously occupying the position of commandant of the 2nd Echelon of the army field headquarters, he showed himself from his best side. He carried out his assignments conscientiously and in time. During the army’s combat operations he efficiently organized the deployment and redeployments of the 2nd Echelon, creating the prerequisite conditions for the performance of duty, which contributed to the improved performance of the army’s rear area headquarters; it provided the frontline units with everything required for combat and everyday life in the quickest manner possible.

He is well grounded in politics and dedicated to the cause of the Party of Lenin and Stalin. For the quality and efficiency of the work he performed, Captain of the Quartermaster Service Zhuravlyov deserves to be awarded the Order of the Red Star.

Chief of staff of the Rear of the 42nd Army
    Colonel of the Quartermaster Service [signed] /Ivanov/
    July 30, 1944

He deserves to be awarded the Order of the Red Star.

Commander of the Rear and deputy commander of the 42nd Army
    Colonel [signed] /Abashkin/

By Order of the 42nd Army nr. 0549/N of August 1, 1944 awarded the Order of the Red Star.

Assistant chief of the 2nd Section
    Senior Lieutenant [signed]
    June 15, 1944
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My lowest numbered Order of the Red Star: 681736   My lowest numbered Order of the Red Star: 681736  

My lowest numbered Order of the Red Star: 681736   My lowest numbered Order of the Red Star: 681736  

Hi Guys, I now have a further update to this thread.

I had Auke research his service record for me. Not a huge amount has come up, but every extra little detail is helpful and interesting.

Cheers, Ade.

Service record

Last name, first name, and patronymic: Zhuravlyov, Mikhail Alekseyevich
    Date of birth: 1902
    Nationality: Russian
    Knowledge of languages:
    Place of birth: Village of Merkholino, Razumovsky Rural Municipality, Rybinsk Raion, Yaroslavl Oblast
    Party affiliation: Member of the Communist Party since 1931
    Social position and origins: Worker
    Profession (specialty):
    Family situation:
    Education
    Civilian education: 7 classes
    Military education: Advanced Officer Training Course in 1942
    Awards:

Married to Maria M., 4 Plekhanov Street, apartment 1, city of Rybinsk, Yaroslavl Oblast

Military promotions Date People’s Commissariat of Defense Order District Order
    Technician-Quartermaster 1st Grade Dec 13, 1942 Order of the 42nd Army nr. 0290
    Senior Lieutenant of the Quartermaster Service May 8, 1942 Order of the 42nd Army nr. 0506
    Captain of the Quartermaster Service Nov 23, 1943 Order of the Leningrad Front nr. 02018

Service at the front, date: Participating in the Patriotic War since 1941

Joined the Red Army in: 1937

Name of the unit Name of the position Month, day, and year By whose order Order nr.
    6th Rifle Regiment, 21st Rifle Division Chief of the Clothing Supply Service
    6th Rifle Regiment, 21st Rifle Division Chief of the Clothing Supply Service Feb 12, 1942 42nd Army 0191
    6th Rifle Regiment, 21st Rifle Division Assistant chief of staff Jun 11, 1942 42nd Army 0636
    Advanced Officer Training Course, Leningrad Front Student Sep 21, 1942 42nd Army 0937
    Headquarters of the commander of the Rear of the 42nd Army Liaison officer 1943

Certificate nr. 000001-55649, issued on June 5, 1944
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My lowest numbered Order of the Red Star: 681736   My lowest numbered Order of the Red Star: 681736  

Great research, Ade! You're right, every little detail counts for something.

It seems like the more enthusiastic you were about Bolshevism, the more likely you were to get an award.

Nice one, Ade!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2