Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

My Order of the Red Star collection

Article about: Thought I'd post my Order of the Red Star awards. They look so nice when they're all together. These as well as German minesweeper badges are among my favorites. #2120835- Right #2694936- To

Default My Order of the Red Star collection

Thought I'd post my Order of the Red Star awards. They look so nice when they're all together. These as well as German minesweeper badges are among my favorites.

#2120835- Right
    #2694936- Top middle
    #1242750- Left

None of them have been researched unfortunately.

Enjoy!
    Mo
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Order of the Red Star collection   My Order of the Red Star collection  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Order of the Red Star collection
    P
    Many

Default Re: My Order of the Red Star collection

Excellent. You know I love these too.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Get them researched!

A couple of things. First, how do you get your Red Star researched?
    Secondly, if you are still looking for an M42 size 68 you might try here: original helmet components
    I just got a restored M35 size 68 from him, and he has some M42/68 shells available.

Quote by roger9344 View Post
    A couple of things. First, how do you get your Red Star researched?
    Secondly, if you are still looking for an M42 size 68 you might try here: original helmet components
    I just got a restored M35 size 68 from him, and he has some M42/68 shells available.
    Hi Roger,

Getting them researched is rather simple... You contact someone who has access to the archives, and wait for them to come back with results. Some ask for payment before the results, some ask for payment after the research results come in. The worst part is playing the waiting game... :P The serial number on the back of each Red Star is unique, so most of the time the researcher will come back with scans of the original documents belonging to the individual soldier whose Red Star you have researched. Another tricky part can be having the documents translated if you don't speak/ read Russian... I believe the researcher I used does not charge if he for some reason cannot find any documents.

Here is an example of the documents my researcher came back with:

I'm sure a google search will turn up some results people offering this service. If you wish, send me a private message and I can send you the name and contact info of my researcher.

Thanks for the info on the helmet shell. I really need to restrict my militaria spending right now (I just bought ANOTHER Red Star ... but I'll be sure to look into it!)

Best,
    Joe T

?

Since it's on-topic I hope it's okay that I'm posting a link to my own research service page: Research service

I can also translate documents. Feel free to email or PM me with questions.