Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New buy: researched Red Star

Article about: Nice set, Ade. Great to have some provenance to go with it.

Default New buy: researched Red Star

Hi Guys, this is on it's way to me now.

Ex Bill's collection I believe.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New buy: researched Red Star   New buy: researched Red Star  

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New buy: researched Red Star
    P
    Many

Order Book
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New buy: researched Red Star   New buy: researched Red Star  

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Record card

Order booklet nr. B-756044

1. Last name: Mironov
    2. First name and patronymic: Sergei Mikhailovich
    3. Military rank: Senior Lieutenant-Technician
    4. Sex: Male
    5. Year of birth: 1910
    6. Place of birth: City of Vetluga, Gorky Oblast
    7. Party membership (since which year): Member of the Communist Party since 1944
    8. Education: Higher
    9. Nationality: Russian
    10. Since which year in the Red Army: Since August 1942
    11. Place of service (name of the unit) and position occupied at the time of the award: Machine-gun platoon leader in the 38th Guards Division
    12. Current place of service and position: Head of the Planning Bureau of the 25th Military Construction Unit, city of Voronezh
    13. Home address of the awardee: 28 May 11 Street, city of Voronezh

14. Record of all awards received:

Name of the order or medal Serial number Number of the document Ground of award
    Order of the Red Star 1725896 Temporary certificate nr. Z-685620 Order of the 38th Guards Rifle Division nr. 069/N of September 17, 1944

Signature of the awardee: [signed]

I confirm the correctness of the data and the signature of the awardee (position and signature):

Military commissar of the Voroshilov Raion
    Lieutenant Colonel [signed] /Ioffe/
    February 4, 1947

Award sheet

1. Last name, first name and patronymic: Mironov, Sergei Mikhailovich
    2. Rank: Guards Lieutenant
    3. Position and unit: Mortar platoon leader in the 115th Guards Rifle Regiment, 38th Lozovsky Red Banner Guards Rifle Division, 70th Army
    Nominated for: Order of the Red Star
    4. Year of birth: 1910
    5. Nationality: Russian
    6. Party affiliation: Member of the Communist Party since 1944
    7. Participation in the Patriotic War, the subsequent combat actions to defend the USSR, and the Patriotic War (where and when): From May 12, 1943 through September 1943 on the Southwestern Front and from November 1943 through August 15, 1944 on the Belorussian Front. On August 15, 1944 he was admitted to a hospital because of an illness
    8. Wounds and contusions received during the Patriotic War: No
    9. Since when in the Red Army: Since 1942
    10. Drafted by which military commissariat: Military Commissariat of the city of Vetluga, Gorky Oblast
    11. Awards received previously (for which merits): None
    12. Permanent home address of the prospective awardee and the address of his family: _______________

Short, concrete description of his combat feat or merits:

On July 22, 1944, during the crossing of the Western Bug River and the capture of the town of Slavatyche, comrade Mironov’s mortar platoon crossed the river by wading through the water. He organized for the ammunition and wagons to be ferried across, and in one massive salvo he destroyed a mounted machine-gun, killed its crew, silenced a mortar battery, and dispersed or killed up to 40 Germans.

On July 27 and 28, 1944 he supported the advancing infantry of the 110th Guards Rifle Regiment by thoroughly observing the village of Vulka Dobrynskaya, which ensured the success of the infantry and the capture of a height near the village of Dobryn-Duzhe. He repelled 7 counterattacks by enemy infantry, which contributed to the quick capture of the village of Dobryn-Duzhe.

Conclusion: He deserves the Order of the Red Star.

Commander of the 115th Guards Rifle Regiment
    Guards Lieutenant Colonel [signed] /Glazkov/
    September 15, 1944
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New buy: researched Red Star  

Very nice, good to have the award booklet with it.

Thanks Robin, I was pleased to buy it. I am in Red Star frenzy at the moment I have four more to get researched. I am having Auke do me one a week.

Cheers, Ade.

Fantastic Ade. I'd like one too one day. Something appealing about the look. Nice complete set you're getting. Bill has some great pieces.

Very nice indeed.

Thanks Guys.

They have a nice heavy weight to them and feel nice in the hand. If they were Third Reich I would dread to think of the price.

Cheers, Ade.

The Soviet orders sure scream quality, I had some of my unresearched ones out today thinking, should I send Auke an email.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast