Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Newest purchase Red Star 657439

Article about: Quite incredible, Well despite this being a long service award, Auke has told me there will be a citation for it. He will hopefully find this i the archives and I will post it when received.

Default Newest purchase Order of the Red Star 657439

Hello everyone. Its been a while since I bought a Red Star however the urge to get a new one has been growing in recent weeks and here is the result. Purchased from ebay, I actually like the enamel damage as I quite like the used look and all my other ORS have complete enamel. I just need to get it researched now.
    Best wishes

Robin

Newest purchase Red Star 657439Newest purchase Red Star 657439
    Last edited by robin morley; 09-21-2013 at 02:37 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Newest purchase Red Star 657439
    P
    Many

Hi Robin, who cannot love a Red Star!

Keep us posted on the research front.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hello Adrian, Thanks for the comment. I have to agree, these are such attractive awards of very high quality manufacture. They can be researched so that you know to whom they were issued what act for and if an officer often a photo of the recipient can also be obtained.
    And they can be purchased for about half the price of an unattributable EK2. I'm just surprised they're not more expensive.

I agree Robin. If they were German I think they would rate very highly indeed.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Well I received the research back thanks to Auke. We were both surprised to discover that this was a long service award. I had no idea that they were given with such an early serial number. Still I will let the research do the talking, although it is nice to see he also received the Order of Lenin.

Record card

Record card

Order booklet nr. 866076

1. Last name: Kruglov
    2. First name and patronymic: Mikhail Grigoryevich
    3. Military rank: Lieutenant Colonel of the Technical Service
    4. Sex: Male
    5. Year of birth: 1904
    6. Place of birth: Village of Bortnovo, Neya Raion, Yaroslavl Oblast
    7. Party membership (since which year): Member of the Communist Party since 1930
    8. Education: Elementary
    9. Nationality: Russian
    10. Since which year in the Soviet Army: From October 1926 through October 1928 and since September 1929
    11. Place of service (name of the unit) and position occupied at the time of the award: Course Director at K.V. Voroshilov Red Banner Higher Aviation Engineering Academy of the Air Force, Riga
    12. Current place of service and position: Course Director at K.V. Voroshilov Red Banner Higher Aviation Engineering Academy of the Air Force, Riga
    13. Home address of the awardee: 1 Lomonosov Street, Riga

14. Record of all awards received:

Name of the order or medal Serial number Number of the document Ground of award
    Order of the Red Star 657439 Order booklet nr. 866076 Decree of November 3, 1944
    Order of the Red Banner 306767 Order booklet nr. 866076 Decree of November 6, 1947
    Order of Lenin 203786 Order booklet nr. 866076 Decree of April 20, 1953
    Medal for the Victory over Germany / Permanent certificate nr. Zh-0037099 Decree of May 9, 1945
    Medal for the 30th Anniversary of the Soviet Army and Navy / Unnumbered permanent certificate Decree of February 22, 1948

Signature of the awardee: [signed]

I confirm the correctness of the data and the signature of the awardee (position and signature):

Chief of the Personnel Section
    Lieutenant Colonel [signed] /Gurenko/
    July 24, 1953

Newest purchase Red Star 657439Newest purchase Red Star 657439

Hi Robin, this is really interesting. Your Officer served at the same school as Aleksei Danilovich Tretyak, who's story I have featured here.

New addition to my collection : Order of the Red Star 659503

They even lived at the same address! They must have been Comrades.

Red Stars began to be issued for 15 years Long service in this serial number range in 1944: roughly numbers 848,000 to 1,000,000. So yours is early.

Cheers, Ade.

Great looking awards!....

The address and a number of it spent my childhood

- - Updated - -

- - Updated - -

What a small world it is!

?

What a coincidence! According to Google 1 Lomonosov Street (Lomonosov iela 1) is the address of the Academy, nowadays called Riga Aviation University.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast