Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Order of the Red Star, 817594, Senior Watch Officer

Article about: Award Card Order Booklet 706621 1. Last name: Gvimiradze 2. Name and patrionymic: Dmitrii Nesterovich 3. Rank: Senior Lieutenant 4. Gender: Male 5. Birthyear: 1918 6. Birthplace: Stavropol 7

Default Order of the Red Star, 817594, Senior Watch Officer

Award Card
    Order Booklet 706621
    1. Last name: Gvimiradze
    2. Name and patrionymic: Dmitrii Nesterovich
    3. Rank: Senior Lieutenant
    4. Gender: Male
    5. Birthyear: 1918
    6. Birthplace: Stavropol
    7. Party membership: since 1944
    8. Education: upper level
    9. Nationality: Georgian
    10. Time in Red Army: 8.1941-1946
    11. Place of service at awarding: Northern Front PVO – Senior Watch Officer, Main Aerial Warning Post
    12. Place of work at present: Ministry of Foreign Affairs - Intern
    13. Home address: Moscow, 3 Meshchanskaya St. Bldg. 32/34, Apt. 9
    14. Awards:
    Designation Serial Number Awarding Organization
    Red Star 817.594 Northern Front ADA dated 2.11.44
    Verified by Dzerzhinskii Regional Military Commissariat official on 20.7.1946
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Order of the Red Star, 817594, Senior Watch Officer   Order of the Red Star, 817594, Senior Watch Officer  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Order of the Red Star, 817594, Senior Watch Officer
    P
    Many

Default Re: Order of the Red Star, 817594, Senior Watch Officer

Award Sheet

1. Last name, name, and patrionymic: Gvimradze, Dmitrii Nesterovich
    2. Rank: Senior Lieutenant
    3. Duty position: Senior Watch Officer – Main Air Defense Post, Northern Front Air Defense HQ
    Recommendation for the Order of the Red Star
    4. Born: 1918
    5. Nationality: Georgian
    6. Party membership: candidate member
    7. Wounds or shell-shock: n/a
    8. Previous combat: since July 1941 in Air Defense Forces
    9. In Red Army: since July 1941
    10. Inducted by: Tbilisi, Stalin Regional Military Commissariat
    11. Previous awards: n/a
    12. Home of record: Family - Tbilisi, Ozurgetskii Crossing, Bldg. 3. Personal – Moscow, Kostyanovskii Crossing, Bldg. 6, Front HQ Barracks

Short description of personal combat feat or accomplishment

Since August 1943 Comrade Gvimradze has been senior watch officer, Front Main Air Defense Post HQ and proven himself a demanding officer. He steadfastly and capably organizes information from the air defense main posts, air defense corps and divisions, and enemy aviation information on the Front’s territory despite exceptionally difficult communications, providing timely guidance and practical assistance to the main air defense post’s subordinate formations.

Comrade Gvimradze provides timely and accurate updates to the air defense’s various sites and units concerning the enemy’s flights, capably discerning the difficult aerial situation.

He excels in his high level of discipline and reasoned initiative in service. He systematically words in increasing his military and political awareness.

He is deserving of the Order of the Red Star.
    Signed Service Chief, Northern Front Air Defenses, Lieutenant Colonel Tokarev on 19th October, 1944

Endorsed Chief of Staff, Northern Front Air Defense Forces, General-Major Gavrilov on 21st October, 1944

Awarded the Order of the Red Star by Northern Front Air Defense Forces Order 028/N dated 2nd November, 1944. Signed Air Defense Front Chief of Personnel (?).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Order of the Red Star, 817594, Senior Watch Officer   Order of the Red Star, 817594, Senior Watch Officer  

Senior Lieutenant Dmitrii Nesterovich Gvimradze's Order of the Red Star. . .

Another nice one, Bill! I'm on pins and needles waiting for my next two to come back from Artem and Auke... HOPEFULLY SOON!

Very nice award. I am awaiting an answer for a couple of them myself. The first one I got back was for a long service award, but the recipient was also a wearer of the Defence of Leningrad medal. Now I need one of those!

The soldier who received my first Red Star was a Major in the artillery and was also awarded these:

Awards: Red Banner (long service award)
    Lenin
    Medal for victory over Germany