Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Red star - help

Article about: Hello friends, follows another medal for verification, I hope it is true, for I long to buy it. It date 1945-46? Thank you Medalha Soviética Ordem Da Estrela Vermelha ( Red Star)(b) - R\\$ 585

Default Red star - help

Hello friends, follows another medal for verification, I hope it is true, for I long to buy it. It date 1945-46?
    Thank you
    Medalha Soviética Ordem Da Estrela Vermelha ( Red Star)(b) - R$ 585,00 no MercadoLivre

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Red star - help
    P
    Many

Link does not work, directs back to this page. Please post some photographs/scans if you are able.

Default Photo

PhotosRed star - help

From the photographs it appears to be a more recently manufactured Red Star made to appear as a "duplicate". Based on the serial number, if indeed the piece is genuine, it would have been awarded late 1942/early 1943, not 1945/1946. I would be wary of duplicate issue Orders of the Red Star, especially if you do not know the seller.

Quote by Bill Garvy View Post
    From the photographs it appears to be a more recently manufactured Red Star made to appear as a "duplicate". Based on the serial number, if indeed the piece is genuine, it would have been awarded late 1942/early 1943, not 1945/1946. I would be wary of duplicate issue Orders of the Red Star, especially if you do not know the seller.

This seller sold me a Hungarian cap with a totally wrong description, and is the same that is selling the medal of the Order of the Patriotic War, can probably be all fake these items.
    What makes you think that Red Star is false?
    The way is marked the number on the medal?
    Thank you.

I have read your other post including the one about the police cap and if it is the same seller I should avoid him/her like the plague because we are either seeing a dealer who is very ill-informed or downright dishonest. Either way you will be the loser!

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Thank you Mark, buy things in Brazil is very complicated, little information and a lot of dishonesty, I have made all these medals back, but his cap I ended up buying at least is a beautiful cap, paid about 30 dollars more expensive than normal, but it does not matter, I am happy with the information.
    Could you direct me to a good place to buy Soviet items?
    Thank you