Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Red star order #26849

Article about: Hi guys. I have recently seen this one on internet. Seller doesn't say anything about it. Serial number 26849. What do you think about it? Is it a real one or a fake?. Aparently it looks goo

?

Default Red star order #26849

Hi guys.

I have recently seen this one on internet. Seller doesn't say anything about it. Serial number 26849.
    What do you think about it?
    Is it a real one or a fake?.
    Aparently it looks good.

Thanks in advance.

Red star order #26849
    Red star order #26849

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Red star order #26849
    P
    Many

Hi Schum,

I'm not completely happy with this one.

It is nominally a type 3 and these were not produced for as long or in as great a number as the other types so that makes it more rare and therefore desirable.

On this one the enamel seems too opaque for my liking (it should appear a deep clear red almost like a ruby) and there is un-evenness at the bottom of the central device. On the reverse, the rivets seem odd almost as if they are not rivets but actually part of the item itself, the maker mark is a bit more rough than I would expect and I am not very comfortable with the screw post which doesn't look to be attached in the traditional way which, although it would be soldered it would look more like a weld.

I would admit that I have not actively collected Soviet awards for some years now (because there seem to be more and better fakes than with TR stuff) and these are not very sharp pictures. That said, an experienced collector (I claim 48 years or so) tends not to "unlearn" things to watch for and these days with digital cameras and scanners there is certainly no excuse for less than pin sharp images if you are trying to sell something like this.

Don't take my word for it but don't buy this without better pictures and other opinions. It could just be crappy pictures but I don't think so.

Regards

Mark

PS This is not a type 3 but this what the enamel should look like;

Red star order #26849
    Last edited by Watchdog; 09-21-2016 at 04:45 PM. Reason: additional content
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

It's an original piece manufactured by MZPP in 1945, but with bogus rivets and bogus serial number.

?

Hi.

I supposed it as rivets were not symmetrical.

But thank you for your explanation.