Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Red star order #3716632 Afghanistan?

Article about: Hi guys. I have reciently bought this one. It is really nice. I have checked the serial number and I think it might have been from the Afghanistan war, But I am not sure. Otherwise it is a p

?

Default Red star order #3716632 Afghanistan?

Hi guys.

I have reciently bought this one. It is really nice. I have checked the serial number and I think it might have been from the Afghanistan war, But I am not sure.
    Otherwise it is a pretty red star.
    Could it be possible?
    What do you think about it?

Thanks in advance.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Red star order #3716632 Afghanistan?
    P
    Many

Genuine Order of the Red Star, obtaining the research is the only definitive way to ascertain if awarded for Afghanistan!

?

This range falls into the "...active participant of October Revolution and old communists..." decree from 28.10.1967, i.e. 50 year of October revolution.
    It is a little too early for Afghanistan...
    But, as Bill Garvy said, only research can tell for sure.

Dom
    ?

If I remember correctly for the Afghanistan period the number is engraved by rotating tool .

Looks like a good type 2 to me. I think the star edges are flat from these pics rather than flared or angled away from the perpendicular which would make it earlier within the type. This fits with the hand cut serial number. I believe it was later in the type when the edges became flared that the serial number changed to being engraved with a rotating tool.

Either way it would still be a bit early for an Afghanistan award. "The Bear Went Over the Mountain" between 1979 and 1989 if memory serves me well!

However, the Soviets kept large stocks of everything including medals and it would not be the first time a medal was awarded after many years storage!

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

Hi.

Thank you for your information Guys.

I have been searching and normaly the Afghanistans war ones have serial numbers 38xxxxx, but I have found someones with serial number 370xxxx, 371xxxx, and 372xxxx, and so on.

Regards.