Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

AGMuK Nahkampfspange - Not comfortable purchasing -

Article about: This one is way out of my field - Have a relic but would rather have an intact one as pictured- This one has been offered for sale to me- Not sure at all about it- Any help appreciated. Rega

Default AGMuK Nahkampfspange - Not comfortable purchasing -

This one is way out of my field - Have a relic but would rather have an intact one as pictured-
    This one has been offered for sale to me- Not sure at all about it- Any help appreciated. Regards
    Billy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture AGMuK Nahkampfspange -  Not comfortable purchasing -   AGMuK Nahkampfspange -  Not comfortable purchasing -  

AGMuK Nahkampfspange -  Not comfortable purchasing -   AGMuK Nahkampfspange -  Not comfortable purchasing -  

AGMuK Nahkampfspange -  Not comfortable purchasing -  
    Last edited by Adrian; 09-01-2012 at 03:20 PM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement AGMuK Nahkampfspange -  Not comfortable purchasing -
    P
    Many

Default re: AGMuK Nahkampfspange - Not comfortable purchasing -

I believe your concerns are justified.
    I believe this one has the wrong pin, and possibly catch for this maker. Here is my example to compare. Wait for others to comment.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture AGMuK Nahkampfspange -  Not comfortable purchasing -   AGMuK Nahkampfspange -  Not comfortable purchasing -  

AGMuK Nahkampfspange -  Not comfortable purchasing -  
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

There's something not right about the backing-plate either...Is that glue I see?

don't like it ie thepin.

I also have problems with this one as already cited. rbminis shows an example with the details I like to see.

?

IMO Ralph is correct, the catch is wrong for this clasp and the pin looks like a post war style.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

the pin is short. also, looking closely at the catch, near it's base is a round "shadow" of what may have been a round-based and original catch which was lost to time and what you see presently is likely a replacement. at a minimum, the pin and catch have been replaced. a shorter pin was used necessitating a positioning of the catch less distal to the center of the catch than is normal.

it is possible to my eye that the clasp itself is good, but with a catch and pin that were lost and replaced.

beyond this, i would like better pictures of the hinge and backing-plate.

The glue seen is, no doubt, because the backplate fell out....the crimping is obviously off and not coming into much contact with the plate. Another not good sign.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

The clasp it is a fake.

Regards