Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Juncker Nahkampfspange in Bronze.

Article about: Hi, I've had this clasp reviewed elsewhere and am generally happy with it. However I'm thinking of selling it and am wondering what sort of price Bronze Juncker's go for these days? Regards,

?

Default Juncker Nahkampfspange in Bronze.

Hi, I've had this clasp reviewed elsewhere and am generally happy with it. However I'm thinking of selling it and am wondering what sort of price Bronze Juncker's go for these days?

Regards, Paul
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Juncker Nahkampfspange in Bronze.   Juncker Nahkampfspange in Bronze.  

Last edited by Adrian; 06-20-2012 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Juncker Nahkampfspange in Bronze.
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Juncker Close Combat clasp in Bronze

More shots
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Juncker Nahkampfspange in Bronze.   Juncker Nahkampfspange in Bronze.  

Hi Paul,

a good original clasp from Juncker,in a nice worn condition.Was the backplate out from the clasp?The position of the backplate looks not correct.Is the backplate magnetic or not magnetic?

Regards
    Joachim

Quote by Kradmelder View Post
    Hi Paul,

a good original clasp from Juncker,in a nice worn condition.Was the backplate out from the clasp?The position of the backplate looks not correct.Is the backplate magnetic or not magnetic?

Regards
    Joachim

I agree that the backplate has been removed and flipped over to hide the rust marks when viewing the obverse side of the award purely for misguided aesthetic reasons. This causes issues that will adversely affect the price somewhat IMO.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Default Re: Juncker Nahkampfspange in Bronze.

Ahh, the old 'join the forum for a free valuation service then post the item for sale on the WAF' trick. Love it.

As the Pawn stars say I would give you like 40.00$ for it...............god love the antiques road show forum..............

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

?

Hi, thanks for the replies. The feeling is the same as on the WAF, combat worn example with original backplate (non-magnetic which is correct only for Juncker) which has popped out and been put back in reversed. I've had it for 15 years and now I know....

Glenn/ Eric (same person, different user name?) - no need to get weird - I've been totally up front just asking a direct question and you don't need to reply unless you really want to. And I'm definitely not going to fall for that old "it's worth $40, sell it me" scam.....

?

Welcome to the forum Paul.

Is the piece for sale on WAF?

There might be a certain amount of scepticism as we find quite a few new members join to get their item evaluated and then the same piece is offered for sale elsewhere which can be seen as making a mockery of this forum and the members good nature.
    I'm not saying this is the case here but just explaining how things have happened. If the piece is for sale it can also be offered here.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Hi Adrian,
    sorry if I sounded snappy but although I'm not entirely new here I haven't posted on here before. First post, hostile response (from some) doesn't make for good feelings. Between work, family and 'real life' generally, there is often not a lot of time left to be active on every forum that I'd ideally like to be on. I suppose my WW2 base is the WAF as I discovered that first (also on an American Civil War forum for that interest and Panzergrenadier.net occasionally). I have a great deal of respect for this forum and recently have been extremely impressed by the amount of knowledge on the Buckle and Helmet sections alone (I'm sure it's the same for the others too).
    The clasp is (since the first post) for sale on the WAF, I've been sorting through things recently and have reluctantly decided to 'thin the herd' a little. I put the clasp up for discussion on the WAF and before I'd even decided to sell I was getting offers via PM and being out of the loop on award prices panicked a bit and asked for a bit of help. I wasn't trying to be 'devious' !

?

You're very welcome here Paul and your participation is valued, as is everybodies.
    As I said previously, we do find members post items just for a free appraisal before they go elsewhere to sell it.
    WAF has been around a long time, I've been a member there for over ten years but choose to no longer participate, for reasons I won't go into here. It has changed over time and the members and collectors who made it what it was have left. Fortunately many have found their way here.
    That said, it is quite galling when people use this forum to their advantage on other forums so hope you can understand any comments to that effect.
    I hope now you have participated here you will continue to do so and there is a sales section here if you wish to sell any of your items.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast