MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My First Nahkampfspange In Bronze Salty

Article about: When I started into this hobby one of the very first things to draw my attention was the Nahkampfspange. I have always been interested in combat infantry type awards because of what one had

?

Default My First Nahkampfspange In Bronze Salty

When I started into this hobby one of the very first things to draw my attention was the Nahkampfspange. I have always been interested in combat infantry type awards because of what one had to experience/live through to be eligible for one. The Nahkampfspange eluded me for awhile as its a higher priced award, however I have tracked down a nice one in salty but decent condition by FLL. Now to find one in Silber...
    My First Nahkampfspange In Bronze SaltyMy First Nahkampfspange In Bronze Salty

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My First Nahkampfspange In Bronze Salty
    P
    Many

The worm has turned for you my friend! A genuine 1.14.1 soldered hinge type with repaired catch, not a bad start.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Quote by big ned View Post
    The worm has turned for you my friend! A genuine 1.14.1 soldered hinge type with repaired catch, not a bad start.
    Thanks Big Ned

nice buy Slade it looks like it may have some gilt finish ?.

Nice one Slade ! Congrats

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    nice buy Slade it looks like it may have some gilt finish ?.
    Harry what do you mean by gilt finish? I assume you mean its been polished?

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    Nice one Slade ! Congrats

Nick
    Thanks Nick! It looks great in the case above the parade medals

I think H may be thinking along the lines of it being a gold grade clasp, but in my experience the bronze award had a light bronze backplate (see 1st below) whilst the gold was black/blued (2nd below) on FLL clasps. The hinge also appears bronze rather than gold to me. Hopefully Joe might see this and comment.

Regards Ned.

We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Quote by big ned View Post
    I think H may be thinking along the lines of it being a gold grade clasp, but in my experience the bronze award had a light bronze backplate (see 1st below) whilst the gold was black/blued (2nd below) on FLL clasps. The hinge also appears bronze rather than gold to me. Hopefully Joe might see this and comment.

Regards Ned.

If its a Gold clasp somebody better tie me down as I may blast off to the moon!!!...

I'm pretty certain it's not.....I was just trying to be polite.

For a change....

?

LOL. I know Ned, and I myself really doubt it is as well. I have also observed other FLL's with bronze backplates... One can dream though

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast