Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

My First Nahkampfspange In Bronze Salty

Article about: When I started into this hobby one of the very first things to draw my attention was the Nahkampfspange. I have always been interested in combat infantry type awards because of what one had

As my old dad used to say..."Son, you may be lying in the gutter...But you're still pi$$ing at the stars..."
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My First Nahkampfspange In Bronze Salty
    P
    Many

its probably my colour is off on the screen.gone back to it and it still looks lighter than bronze finish.But Neds probably right.

A nice catch Slade!
    I would agree with Ned's assessment, but not too sure about the backplate. Here is my example with a darker plate.
    Nahkampfspange in Bronze, FLL, Friederich Linden, Ludenschied
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

A nice find, congrats!

Hi Ralph,

Regarding the backplate, it appears that the bronze plated backplate is more common than your black one. Here is a direct quote from Tom Durante on a thread on GCA that I can't link to on here:

"The copper coating would definately mute the details a bit. What is throwing me is the black backplate, usually bronze FLL clasps have more of a golden colored plate."

And here are numerous examples to show just how prevalent they are, in my rough estimation around 8 "golden colored" to every 1 black type.

Regards, Ned.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My First Nahkampfspange In Bronze Salty   My First Nahkampfspange In Bronze Salty  

My First Nahkampfspange In Bronze Salty   My First Nahkampfspange In Bronze Salty  

My First Nahkampfspange In Bronze Salty   My First Nahkampfspange In Bronze Salty  

'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Ned, if you can edit and let me know what page, I will see what I can do.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

FWIW, my bronze grade has a dark backplate which has partly lifted to show a bronze-like material underneath (yes I know I need better photos)

My First Nahkampfspange In Bronze SaltyMy First Nahkampfspange In Bronze Salty

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    FWIW, my bronze grade has a dark backplate which has partly lifted to show a bronze-like material underneath (yes I know I need better photos)

My First Nahkampfspange In Bronze SaltyMy First Nahkampfspange In Bronze Salty
    Glenn, this is a JFS example, I believe the issue we were talking about is a trait of FLL examples.
    Ralph.

a really nice one!!!like it !!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2