Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Nahkampfspang at auction

Article about: This Nahkampfspang is at a local auction any thoughts . thanks for looking Gary .

?

Default Nahkampfspang at auction

This Nahkampfspang is at a local auction any thoughts . thanks for looking Gary .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nahkampfspang at auction   Nahkampfspang at auction  

Nahkampfspang at auction   Nahkampfspang at auction  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nahkampfspang at auction
    P
    Many

?

No body have any thoughts . I've been looking these up and I think it stands a good chance. Gary

I think it stands a good chance of being an original silver grade with the only finish remaining on the hardware Gary.
    There are some very good fakes of this one so, maybe the reason for no replies yet.
    Here is a good thread on the makers of this award.
    Makers of the Nahkampfspange
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Thanks Ralph. I will give it a look

I agree that it has a chance of being an original Linden soldered hinge type but I couldn't be certain from these rather poor (by current standards) pictures.

If it is genuine it looks to be in pretty rough condition and you should consider that FLL pieces are one of the more common examples of an award that is not the most rare (relatively speaking) yet one of the more expensive. So, Balance this against the price and how much you want this particular piece.

If you are interested in acquiring it ask for better pics and if the seller won't / can't provided them then I suggest you write it off on that basis.

As I say, I wouldn't be happy to authenticate it on these pictures.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

Its in an auction so its tough to get better photos I have asked and they are pretty good about more photos so we will see.

?

A few more photos . best they could do on photos . Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nahkampfspang at auction   Nahkampfspang at auction  

Nahkampfspang at auction   Nahkampfspang at auction  

Nahkampfspang at auction  

?

Got it for $60 US

Well, those additional pictures make all the difference and for that money I think it is a bargain. Don't forget to add your pictures for reference when you get it.
    Well done for persisting!

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

Thank you Mark and Ralph for your help

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast