Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Nahkampfspange & 25 Allegemeines Sturmabzeichen

Article about: I'm looking at these from a guy local to my area. I'm on the fence about them. I have never bought either like these before, so maybe someone can help. Thanks.

Default Nahkampfspange & 25 Allegemeines Sturmabzeichen

I'm looking at these from a guy local to my area. I'm on the fence about them. I have never bought either like these before, so maybe someone can help. Thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nahkampfspange & 25 Allegemeines Sturmabzeichen   Nahkampfspange & 25 Allegemeines Sturmabzeichen  

Nahkampfspange & 25 Allegemeines Sturmabzeichen  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nahkampfspange & 25 Allegemeines Sturmabzeichen
    P
    Many

Default re: Nahkampfspange & 25 Allegemeines Sturmabzeichen

Well, close-up photos are definitley required. The 25 assault badge is suspect already simply because of its rarity but even from these images i'm not in love with it. I really hope I can be proved wrong of course.

As for the CCC, i'm not getting a good vibe either. That oversize backplate is a real concern and I think the pin is indicative of a 'butterknife' fake. I'm away from my reference material at the moment but I'll check it out ASAP so until other opinions are heard, I wouldn't be putting any money down on either of these without a rock solid money back guarantee.

?

I can comment on the Allegemeines Sturmabzeichen and my comment is that I believe this to be a reproduction. The hinge is wrong compared to known originals and the pin is the wrong shape. The catch should not be of round wire but of flat wire. I have just looked at several known wartime badges and not one had this type of catch. There are features on the obverse I don't like in comparison, the bayonet has a rounded tip whereas originals are sharper. The eagle's head doesn't look quite right either. There is also a flaw on the badge above, looking at the reverse and the area the top left rivet attaches to, you can see an area of missing material. The badge doesn't match known and accepted original badges and that's how I've come to my conclusion.
    I'll leave the Nahkampfspange for others......

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I'm with Glenn on both of these. The GAB 25 by Rudolf Karnath you show has an incorrect hinge and catch set up compared to this original below, so I would suggest it is fake.

Regards, Ned.

P.S And Adrian too!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nahkampfspange & 25 Allegemeines Sturmabzeichen   Nahkampfspange & 25 Allegemeines Sturmabzeichen  

Last edited by big ned; 02-22-2012 at 05:33 PM. Reason: addition
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Hi guys,

both pieces are fakes imo.

Regards
    Joachim

The photos are, of course, much too blurred in enlargement...but I'll tell you now-the Close Combat is supposed to be a gold presentation clasp and it's not. The detailing is poor, the finish is wrong...We had a recent thread about these abit ago-you might want to hunt it up and look at the original clasp that is on there. If it was real, you could buy a house with it...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

As already said both are fake. But the R.Karneth ASA 25 is not a bad attempt at an original. Better in many areas than a lot of these fakes worryingly. Here's a real one. Stewy

Alright, I will pass on these. Thanks so much for the quick responses. Sorry the pics are blurry, I took the phone call from the seller while going to work and didnt really have time to explain to him exactly how close the pics needed to be. I wont ask for closer since you are all agree that they are repros. Thanks again for saving me!

?

Quote by Stewy S View Post
    As already said both are fake. But the R.Karneth Allgemeine Sturmabzeichen 25 is not a bad attempt at an original. Better in many areas than a lot of these fakes worryingly. Here's a real one. Stewy
    I agree, this one is very close and could fool an unsuspecting collector. The points that are wrong are very easy to overlook if you don't have access to a comparison piece. On a table at a show it would be easy for it to be sold as original.

P.S. Is that badge yours Stewy? It's a beauty.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Adrian View Post
    I agree, this one is very close and could fool an unsuspecting collector. The points that are wrong are very easy to overlook if you don't have access to a comparison piece. On a table at a show it would be easy for it to be sold as original.

P.S. Is that badge yours Stewy? It's a beauty.
    Yes Ade,it belongs to me. Even though it's mine,i have to say it's the finest R.Karneth "25" ASA i've ever seen. Highly sought after in mint condition,i'm lucky enough to own one. Stewy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast