Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Nahkampfspange in bronze Deschler

Article about: Hi guys, its my first combat addition this year.The most of the finish has gone,but this clasp from Deschler is not so often to find.So,its for me a nice catch.In my opinion is nothing wrong

Default Nahkampfspange in bronze Deschler

Hi guys,

its my first combat addition this year.The most of the finish has gone,but this clasp from Deschler is not so often to find.So,its for me a nice catch.In my opinion is nothing wrong with it.

Regards
    Joachim
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nahkampfspange in bronze Deschler   Nahkampfspange in bronze Deschler  

Nahkampfspange in bronze Deschler   Nahkampfspange in bronze Deschler  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nahkampfspange in bronze Deschler
    P
    Many

KSH
    ?

Default Re: Nahkampfspange in bronze Deschler

Hi Joachim,

I am glad you finally found yourself an example of the early Deschler & Sohn (so-called type 1.7.1) Nahkampfspange in Bronze with the unique catch and flat tapering pin. For me a perfectly original (well worn probably) Spange with no problems as you say. All Deschler Nahkampfspangen are rather scarce and harder to find when we compare with say the FLLs of mediocre manufacture that are all over the place.

I would take a well worn Deschler over a FLL in perfect condition any day of the week. Do you have all four known main variants of the bronze grade Deschlers now Joachim?

Here is my similar example for comparison:

Nahkampfspange in bronze DeschlerNahkampfspange in bronze Deschler

These Nahkampfspangen by Deschler are perhaps my favorite of all - together with the Gablonz-based makers.

Hochachtungsvoll,

Kenneth
    Last edited by KSH; 07-24-2021 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Typo

Hi Kenneth,

thanks for reply.I agree 100% with you.A worn clasp from Deschler is alway better for me,than a FLL in perfect condition.

I have two clasp from Deschler still in my collection.This one (1.7.1) and the clasp that i showed a few time ago here in this forum (1.7.4).I looked a long time for this Typ and as you had showed your clasp in the last Deschler tread,i was happy to see this very fine clasp with the very good finish (Hybrid type?).

Hochachtungsvoll
    Joachim

KSH
    ?

Quote by Kradmelder View Post
    Hi Kenneth,

thanks for reply.I agree 100% with you.A worn clasp from Deschler is alway better for me,than a FLL in perfect condition.

I have two clasp from Deschler still in my collection.This one (1.7.1) and the clasp that i showed a few time ago here in this forum (1.7.4).I looked a long time for this Typ and as you had showed your clasp in the last Deschler tread,i was happy to see this very fine clasp with the very good finish (Hybrid type?).

Hochachtungsvoll
    Joachim
    Hi Joachim,

Yes, I remember your 1.7.4 with the "waffle crimp" - they are quite scarce as I understand, maybe more so than the 1.7.1?

It was Stewy that believed that my Deschler posted above could be a hybrid (1.7.2 Spange with 1.7.1 reverse hardware) - but I cannot verify this in any way - to my untrained eyes my Spange looks just like a 1.7.1 should do - with the same kind of crimping as shown on your new 1.7.1, Joachim. I actually overpaid just a little bit for my 1.7.1 - but I had to have it - with the finish in such a good state and with the rarely seen seven crimps to hold the backplate.

Hochachtungsvoll,

Kenneth
    Last edited by KSH; 07-24-2021 at 03:42 PM.

Quote by KSH View Post
    Hi Joachim,

Yes, I remember your 1.7.4 with the "waffle crimp" - they are quite scarce as I understand, maybe more so than the 1.7.1?

It was Stewy that believed that my Deschler posted above could be a hybrid (1.7.2 Spange with 1.7.1 reverse hardware) - but I cannot verify this in any way - to my untrained eyes my Spange looks just like a 1.7.1 should do - with the same kind of crimping as shown on your new 1.7.1, Joachim. I actually overpaid just a little bit for my 1.7.1 - but I had to have it - with the finish in such a good state and with the rarely seen seven crimps to hold the backplate.

Hochachtungsvoll,

Kenneth S-H.
    Hi Kenneth,

i think the 1.7.4 Typ is a little bit rarer,than the 1.7.1 Typ.But i am not sure,is only my feeling about the market.My clasp was also overpaid in my opinion,but i must it also have.The same reason like you.

Regards
    Joachim