Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Nahkampfspange in Bronze FLL

Article about: The backplates on some close combat clasp's are held in place only by very tenuous means at times, like this example by Friedrich Linden. The only apparent crimping on this particular type i

Default Nahkampfspange in Bronze FLL

Just picked up this nice FFL

Hope you like her guys

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nahkampfspange in Bronze  FLL   Nahkampfspange in Bronze  FLL  

Nahkampfspange in Bronze  FLL   Nahkampfspange in Bronze  FLL  

Nahkampfspange in Bronze  FLL  
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nahkampfspange in Bronze  FLL
    P
    Many

Hi Nick,

A good 1.14.1 with soldered hinge, well done.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thank you Ned

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Nice score! I appreciate the good close-up photos as well...
    cheers, Glenn

Nice badge! This one looks like it lost it's back plate a Long Time ago! It's quite likely that it happened in the field and the original owner simply left it like that. Maybe some guys even Liked the looks of them better with out it! Good pick up of a piece that's Been there!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Funny enough, on my bronze FLL example the plate is missing, too. The original owner decided to put some type of black cloth it appears. Anyways, congratulations on a lovely addition to your fine collection, sir.
    Nahkampfspange in Bronze  FLLNahkampfspange in Bronze  FLL

Very nice badges(both of them) it always amazes me that so many "lose" their backing plate. Do you think that the soldiers may have removed them purposely for some reason? Just seems to me that there are to many examples like that to put it down to poor manufacture method. Leon.

I find the FLL examples are found more often than other markers without their plate. This could be possible due to the manufacturing process, or even more so the rough conditions in the field, but that's just a opinion of mine.
    Here's a example I own from a different maker, F&BL, that still retains its plate.
    Nahkampfspange in Bronze  FLL
    In my personal experiences, I find these have their plates more so than those made by FLL.
    A very good question, Leon, and one that I've always been curious about myself.

Add: note the mud found on my FLL example. I'm quite sure the rough conditions from battle were a factor in the plate becoming separated from the medal.

A textbook "FLL" clasp Nick!

Thanks for your comments and for showing your lovely examples of this special award!

Interesting theories on the missing back plates

Nick

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast