Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Nahkampfspange In Bronze - FLL for review

Article about: I ordered a CCC in bronze from an online dealer called Stewart's Military Antiques. In hand, I have mixed feelings about this one as the pictures on their site showed a much more golden bron

Default Nahkampfspange In Bronze - FLL for review

I ordered a CCC in bronze from an online dealer called Stewart's Military Antiques for $295.

In hand, I have mixed feelings about this one as the pictures on their site showed a much more golden bronze clasp, which is pretty disappointing. The one I received is not in such condition, though I can see marks on it that indicate this is the same badge. After placing the order, the listing came down. So, all I have is the below tiny image. It's enough to see the difference in the coloring on the clasp. Not sure if I'll keep it or not, but I thought I'd run it past the forum for your thoughts (and to see if it's even original).

Metal isn't a zinc like I've seen yet. It's smoother, and more like steel, so maybe an alloy of zinc and other metals? There are some small and light green areas on it like you see on copper or bronze.

Purchase image:

In hand:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nahkampfspange In Bronze - FLL for review
    P
    Many

Hi Scott,

Bit of a difference from the advertised picture, that makes a hell of a difference as there's no finish left. In that state it's worth a lot less than it was advertised as. I personally would send it back as it does not even slightly resemble the badge advertised when it comes to finish. The vendor at best has misrepresented what he was selling, the clasp falls short of the selling price by a long way in this state is my opinion. I would return it right away, as the thought of being stitched up would stick in my throat everytime I looked at it. What a con!

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Hi Ned. I do feel a bit duped. As you know, I was pretty excited about this one.

I would feel exactly the same. But in my case, "No one put's baby in the corner!!!"

'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Haha...I certainly wouldn't.

Well, I've sent the email requesting to return it. I guess the hunt continues, just not with Stewart's. If anyone sees a really nice bronze CCC for sale at a reasonable price, please let me know.

Here are the images, found in the archives from Stewart's, unaltered in any way, with two pictures of what was sent on top.

They're accepting the return, but refusing to refund postage saying "You received the clasp that was shown in the pictures. We never sell one that was not pictured." True, it's the one pictured, but they hardly represented it correctly in their photos.

Glad you got to make a return if you were not happy.

It does look more 'gold' in the pics, so they really
    ought to take better photos. Sometimes silver
    items will appear a different colour/tone in a
    photograph because of the type of
    lighting used.

I've taken similar crummy pics myself,
    indoors at night:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nahkampfspange In Bronze - FLL for review  
    Regards,

Steve.

Yeah, lighting can make a big difference. But, your whole photo is washed in gold tones. With that blue background they had, I would have never imagined it could be so different in hand. I take pretty good photos I think. I'm still puzzling how they got it that way without altering the background. I don't know, I just wish they would admit their photos could have been better, instead of taking the infallible position many of these dealers seem to take. They talk a lot about customer satisfaction being their top priority, but when you call them on something, they take the position they were right and did everything right. Heads they win, tails I lose.

Oh well. I can vote with my pocketbook, and anyone reading this in the future can make their own assessments and do the same.

Hello Scott,
    The two top photos show it in it's actual state. The rest of the photos......?
    Sorry you were mislead but I am happy that you are getting a refund. When dealing with Nahkampfspange in bronze, I look the photos over very carefully as I have run into the same situation before. It seems to be very easy to photo them and make them look better than they are.
    Here is my example with a different catch.
    Nahkampfspange in Bronze, FLL, Friederich Linden, Ludenschied
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast