Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Nahkampfspange in Bronze Need Help Real or Repo?

Article about: Hi, I am looking for some opinions if the is authentic or a reproduction? I will be viewing this item in person tonight. Thanks in advance for any help, Jeff

?

Nahkampfspange in Bronze Need Help Real or Repo?Nahkampfspange in Bronze Need Help Real or Repo?Nahkampfspange in Bronze Need Help Real or Repo?Nahkampfspange in Bronze Need Help Real or Repo?

Thanks, that is where I would like to be in it. There are about 8 pieces in the lot I looked at last night, the clasp being the most interesting. I asked if I could get a price for the lot. Here is most of the other items, feel free to comment on value.
    Thanks again, Jeff

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nahkampfspange in Bronze Need Help Real or Repo?
    P
    Many

Quote by jad57 View Post
    Nahkampfspange in Bronze Need Help Real or Repo?Nahkampfspange in Bronze Need Help Real or Repo?Nahkampfspange in Bronze Need Help Real or Repo?Nahkampfspange in Bronze Need Help Real or Repo?

Thanks, that is where I would like to be in it. There are about 8 pieces in the lot I looked at last night, the clasp being the most interesting. I asked if I could get a price for the lot. Here is most of the other items, feel free to comment on value.
    Thanks again, Jeff
    Sorry Jeff, it's not really encouraged to do this and once is enough old boy. Try doing a bit of homework yourself on individual items then make your pitch is my advice.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Blurry picture, but the Ost Medal looks nice. HJ pin is probably good too, and looks like it might be in good shape. Need better photos to verify anythings authenticity (close ups of the front and reverse), but I don't see any flags off hand. Pretty common stuff, but the kind of things you want if you're getting started.

My advice though, always try to hold out for a minimal level of quality/condition. Of the things you've shown us, I like the Eastern Front (Ost Medal) and HJ badge (pending closer examination of course), and could leave the rest for better options. You'll pay more in the long run, but be happier you have nicer examples to enjoy. But, the clasp has enough finish left be above average IMO. If you can get it for $150 like Ned said, I don't think you'd be in the hole on it, but do need to heed the advice on treating it.

William is dead on about not being able to stop zinc pest, and those pested areas are going to look gray no matter what you do, but if they haven't pitted and formed ulcers it will look a lot better once treated. You can slow it down to where it's probably not going to get a whole lot worse in your lifetime with proper care and storage/display. Long term exposure to moisture/humidity is your enemy with zinc, no matter what the current condition is on it. Over time, the zinc will break down and it will start to crumble, there's no stopping that. The goal is to slow the process down to a crawl, or better yet go for pressed metal or tombak which will last far longer and not absorb the finish. Keep in mind some medals you won't find in anything other than zinc typically. The Ost Medal and the clasp you're looking at are two which are almost always going to be zinc.

If you haven't read any of the pinned threads at the top of this section by now, maybe you should.
    Uploading photos and posting multiple items.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3