Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Nahkampfspange in Bronze Opinions ?

Article about: Sorry to ask your advice again guys, I've never looked at one of these before, would you consider it a genuine Third Reich piece? Kind Regards Paul

Quote by Steven Macquillin View Post
    Hi Paul, not 100% sure but it does look to be a fake/copy. I had one and thought it to be original but was soon put right here. Then looked at the genuine samples on the forum and you can tell the difference. Someone should be along soon and give you the good or bad news.
    Steve.
    Well Paul back to the drawing board for me and start swatting up again lol. Doesn't it make you cringe when your wrong, just thought the bobbling was wrong Well done.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nahkampfspange in Bronze Opinions ?
    P
    Many

Wonderful clasp and original in every way.

KR
    Joe

Hope you don't mind me asking, with regard to the fluted pin & dating would that be 43-45 or 44-45, just wondered ?

That 'pimpling' is a feature I like to see on zinc awards, it is supposedly something the fakers haven't managed to master...yet.

its a very nice good one.

Thankyou for your help guys, have taken the plunge & will post some pictures when it arrives !
    Kind regards
    Paul

Clasp arrived this morning guys, really pleased, it's the first one I've ever owned, the catch seems delicate though, must be due to the 'play'where it's attached to the hinge, have taken a few close-ups, thanking you all again for your kind, honest help !
    Kind regards
    Paul
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nahkampfspange in Bronze Opinions ?   Nahkampfspange in Bronze Opinions ?  

Nahkampfspange in Bronze Opinions ?   Nahkampfspange in Bronze Opinions ?  

Nahkampfspange in Bronze Opinions ?  

Your clasp appears to have been hand-vaulted-which was a popular practice back then, and this may explain the bit of odd fit you mentioned with the catch. No problem, either way. It looks like a fine clasp! Nice find!
    Last edited by Wagriff; 06-29-2015 at 10:55 PM.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Pauls1970 View Post
    Clasp arrived this morning guys, really pleased, it's the first one I've ever owned, the catch seems delicate though, must be due to the 'play'where it's attached to the hinge, have taken a few close-ups, thanking you all again for your kind, honest help !
    Kind regards
    Paul
    It is a very nice clasp Paul and would be a great addition to any collection.
    All the best
    Doug

Thanks Doug, it's sitting right next to me now ! Sorry Wagriff, not familiar with the term 'hand vaulted' ?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast