Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Nahkampfspange in Bronze for Review

Article about: Hello, First off, thank you in advance for your expert opinions. If my armbands posted earlier are an indication, I already know the answer to if this is fake or not, but wanted to double ch

Default Nahkampfspange in Bronze for Review

Hello,
    First off, thank you in advance for your expert opinions. If my armbands posted earlier are an indication, I already know the answer to if this is fake or not, but wanted to double check with you all. I am finding out that sometimes learning this hobby can be a spendy learning experience, but that is how I learn!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nahkampfspange in Bronze for Review   Nahkampfspange in Bronze for Review  

Nahkampfspange in Bronze for Review  
    Last edited by rbminis; 09-30-2017 at 04:24 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nahkampfspange in Bronze for Review
    P
    Many

Looks a good one to me !

Quote by tampadudetb56 View Post
    Hello,
    First off, thank you in advance for your expert opinions. If my armbands posted earlier are an indication, I already know the answer to if this is fake or not, but wanted to double check with you all. I am finding out that sometimes learning this hobby can be a spendy learning experience, but that is how I learn!
    What´s your opinion? Fake or original...

In my opinion, I believe it to real. From comparing it to others on the forum deemed original, along with other research, I do believe it is authentic.

Quote by tampadudetb56 View Post
    In my opinion, I believe it to real. From comparing it to others on the forum deemed original, along with other research, I do believe it is authentic.
    Unfortunately, for an FLL clasp to have this style of catch, it would have to have a crimped in hinge, not a cast one.
    As far as I know, FLL did not make a CCC with a cast hinge.
    Ralph.
    Last edited by rbminis; 11-04-2017 at 12:35 AM.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

An example of the clasp that rbminis is talking about I would guess. This one is in bronze but I assume the construction to be the same with the same maker.

Nahkampfspange in Bronze - HELP
    Another example
    Nahkampfspange in Siber, FLL. Original?

John

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Unfortunately, for an FLL clasp to have this style of catch, it would have to have a crimped in hinge, not a cast one.
    As far as I know, FLL did not make a CCC with a cast hinge.
    Ralph.
    Ralph.
    Exactly Ralph!

This is the biggest red flag. On the obverse side you can also see, that it is a casting clasp. Very soft details. Good to see on the eagle details also.
    The back plate is also wrong for "FLL".

Regards
    Joe