Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Nahkampfspange in bronze: Thoughts on maker?

Article about: Hi guys, this clasp arrives me today.It is a type,that it is not often to find.Any thoughts who was the maker? Regards Joachim

Default Nahkampfspange in bronze: Thoughts on maker?

Hi guys,

this clasp arrives me today.It is a type,that it is not often to find.Any thoughts who was the maker?

Regards
    Joachim
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nahkampfspange in bronze: Thoughts on maker?   Nahkampfspange in bronze: Thoughts on maker?  

Nahkampfspange in bronze: Thoughts on maker?   Nahkampfspange in bronze: Thoughts on maker?  

Nahkampfspange in bronze: Thoughts on maker?   Nahkampfspange in bronze: Thoughts on maker?  

Nahkampfspange in bronze: Thoughts on maker?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nahkampfspange in bronze: Thoughts on maker?
    P
    Many

Default re: Nahkampfspange in bronze: Thoughts on maker?

I think a Steinhauer & Luck. I also think the backplate may have been removed and painted?

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    I think a Steinhauer & Luck. I also think the backplate may have been removed and painted?
    Hi Glenn,

thanks for your reply and your opinion!Steinhauer & Lück is it not.In my opinion a textbook clasp with not removed backplate and not painted.But i can of course wrong.

Any other opinions and thoughts to the clasp are welcome!!

I'm pretty confident this is a Wilhelm Hobacher of Wein Nahkampfspange in Bronze, a type 1.10.1 in Tom Durante's book, and as such is really very rare. As Glenn says, it may well have hade the backplate repainted at some time though. It displays the typical Vienna design on the obverse, and the clincher for me is a die flaw that is on the upper arm of the swastika near to the centre, see it? That is a known 'tell' of Hobacher close combat clasp's. Well done Joachim on another fine piece, you have a good eye for sure!

Regards, Ned.

Edit: Just checked out a couple of Hobacher CCC's on other forums, silver and bronze, the backplates are as near as damn the same! Therefore I have changed my opinion on the repaint, they do actually appear to have been manufactured like this!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    I'm pretty confident this is a Wilhelm Hobacher of Wein Nahkampfspange in Bronze, a type 1.10.1 in Tom Durante's book, and as such is really very rare. As Glenn says, it may well have hade the backplate repainted at some time though. It displays the typical Vienna design on the obverse, and the clincher for me is a die flaw that is on the upper arm of the swastika near to the centre, see it? That is a known 'tell' of Hobacher close combat clasp's. Well done Joachim on another fine piece, you have a good eye for sure!

Regards, Ned.
    Hi Ned,

better can it not say!!You are absolutly right.It is a Hobacher with the two typical die flaws at the obverse.This typical die flaws only to see at Hobacher Nahkampfspangen.Other opinions to the backplate?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nahkampfspange in bronze: Thoughts on maker?  

Edit: Just checked out a couple of Hobacher CCC's on other forums, silver and bronze, the backplates are as near as damn the same! Therefore I have changed my opinion on the repaint, they do actually appear to have been manufactured like this![/QUOTE]

Thank you Ned,that you had another look.I think also,that the backplate it is not removed and painted.It looks typical for a Hobacher clasp to me.The production quality it is not the best at this Hobacher claps.Also the catch looks replaced,but it isn`t.

I agree on all points mate, apparently these actual 1.10.1 clasps were only produced for a very short period of time, hence the rarity.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Very nice clasp Joachim and thank you for posting it. It's in superb condition!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

A very nice example of a hard to find clasp Joachim!
    Congrats on adding this one to your collection.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thank you guys!I am glad,that i could add one clasp of this maker to my collection.

Joachim

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast