Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Nahkampfspange CCC "6 dot" for review

Article about: Thanks everyone for the help! maybe more to come. Ray

Default Nahkampfspange CCC "6 dot" for review

I picked this up today. I know I should have consulted everyone on here before but I took a gamble. This is what I think is a Unmarked Close Combat Badge in Silver. I have looked around and just can't tell. The back is painted black like it should be. There are no casting marks from what I can see. It looks peened like it should be. The only things that bother me are the pin clasp and the hinge. Maybe these were replaced one time? Thank you everyone for your help.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nahkampfspange CCC "6 dot" for review   Nahkampfspange CCC "6 dot" for review  

Nahkampfspange CCC "6 dot" for review   Nahkampfspange CCC "6 dot" for review  

Nahkampfspange CCC "6 dot" for review   Nahkampfspange CCC "6 dot" for review  

Nahkampfspange CCC "6 dot" for review  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nahkampfspange CCC "6 dot" for review
    P
    Many

Default re: Nahkampfspange CCC "6 dot" for review

Hi,

in my opinion the clasp is a original "six-dot" Nahkampfspange.I share your opinion about the hinge and the pin.Also the catch looks replaced.It is not the catch,there was typical used from this maker.So imo a original clasp,with a repaired set up.

I am not sure about the silver grade.When i look at the front,i think i could see a rest of a bronce finish.But wait for more opinions from the other guys of the forum.

Regards
    Joachim

Thank you for your reply. If it is a original one, I think I got a pretty good deal. 60 euro. If you look at the back is that not a silver coating, just wondering. If it is bronze is this still a good price? Thanks.

Ray

Quote by rayvinton View Post
    Thank you for your reply. If it is a original one, I think I got a pretty good deal. 60 euro. If you look at the back is that not a silver coating, just wondering. If it is bronze is this still a good price? Thanks.

Ray
    Yes Ray, it is a good price even for a Bronze - I would ( and have ) paid that for a relic!
    Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Hi Ray,

you are right of course,that there is a silver colour to see.But the colour was painted post war in my opinion.It is not a typical manufacture silver finish.

The pin is repaired,not the original pin!But the pin have the same silver colour,as the rest of the backside.But there is also a small part at the pin,that have the original metal colour.Also the hinge have not a silver finish.So it is easy to say,that the silver colour is not the original "finish".

But you have nothing make wrong.For 60,- Euro it is not a bad catch and a fine relic of history like "Danmark" have said.

Regards and much fun with your clasp!
    Joachim
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nahkampfspange CCC "6 dot" for review  

So just a question, what would this be worth then?

Ray

Quote by rayvinton View Post
    So just a question, what would this be worth then?

Ray
    It is always hard to find a real price for a massed piece.The value of a "six-dot" clasp,in a good condition is around 250,- Euro.So when you ask five collectors about the price from your clasp,it is possible that you become 5 different answers.

The maker of your clasp is unknown.But the design of the front,is identical with the designs of Rudolf Souval (Wien),Wilhelm Hobacher (Wien) and Deschler (München).

I personaly,like this six-dot clasps.

Joachim

?

great value and find Ray
    I am on the lookout for a silver ccc too.
    Noob question Just wanted to ask what could have caused the discolouration on the back plate?

?

Quote by dalo View Post
    Noob question Just wanted to ask what could have caused the discolouration on the back plate?
    Anything from time to sandpaper!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I agree-it looks like a bronze grade originally, but may have been "upgraded" postwar. Who knows....but for 60 Euro, it's not a deep decision! Certainly worth 3-4 times that, I would say.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast