Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Nahkampfspange des Heeres in Gold, in Etui.

Article about: Guys, I thought I would post this Nahkampfspange in Gold which is the highest Heer combat award and was offered for sale today by Markus Schultze at Militaria-Berlin. This has got to be one

?

Default Re: Nahkampfspange des Heeres in Gold, im Etui.

Quote by klinger View Post
    yes your right but do you not thing the points i metion ar a bit funny, especial the swastika and the scratched leafs
    You raise some valid points that are worthy of discussion. I hope some members who have experience of these badges can offer their opinions on the clasp in question.
    Like I said, my knowledge of these is lacking and the finer details are not something I can comment upon as I simply don't know.

As of this moment I haven't seen any discussion on other forums regarding the authenticity of the badge which is a good sign as this will have been pounced upon if there was a problem. The dealer is a respected member of the collecting community and to offer such a badge at such a price I know some serious homework will have been done.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nahkampfspange des Heeres in Gold, in Etui.
    P
    Many

Quote by AdrianC View Post
    You raise some valid points that are worthy of discussion. I hope some members who have experience of these badges can offer their opinions on the clasp in question.
    Like I said, my knowledge of these is lacking and the finer details are not something I can comment upon as I simply don't know.

As of this moment I haven't seen any discussion on other forums regarding the authenticity of the badge which is a good sign as this will have been pounced upon if there was a problem. The dealer is a respected member of the collecting community and to offer such a badge at such a price I know some serious homework will have been done.
    yes it is a good dealer but even the best dealers can have a hoax once in a livetime, and just in my oppinion i have some problems whith this one, i think even the box is aged there is so mutch wear on the inside of the box to make it look old but the clasp is shiny as never opend the box, but this cant be trou then there are so many deep scratches on the clasp it self, do you know the thing when someone gets so known that no one even think he can be wrong not even once, but we are all humans and make misstakes, and the most errors happend on the rarest things then there not so many references to studdy

?

The total awarded according to Niemann was approx. 600 pieces. And that is a lot of money for this award, Niemann has it valued at $20,000 for both gold type 1 and 2.
    Why is it so expensive am I missing something?

?

Quote by klinger View Post
    yes it is a good dealer but even the best dealers can have a hoax once in a livetime, and just in my oppinion i have some problems whith this one, i think even the box is aged there is so mutch wear on the inside of the box to make it look old but the clasp is shiny as never opend the box, but this cant be trou then there are so many deep scratches on the clasp it self, do you know the thing when someone gets so known that no one even think he can be wrong not even once, but we are all humans and make misstakes, and the most errors happend on the rarest things then there not so many references to studdy
    I completely agree with you, all dealers can and will make mistakes, some on purpose, others by accident. It's how they deal with mistakes that counts in my book.
    Regarding the condition of the clasp, the fire gilting on these will stand the test of time and will look pristine after all these years. I'm not seeing anything untoward with the wear to the case, inside or out.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by AdrianC View Post
    I completely agree with you, all dealers can and will make mistakes, some on purpose, others by accident. It's how they deal with mistakes that counts in my book.
    Regarding the condition of the clasp, the fire gilting on these will stand the test of time and will look pristine after all these years. I'm not seeing anything untoward with the wear to the case, inside or out.
    lets hope someone who has more expiriance whit a gold clasp, or someone who things there is something funny about while looking at the clasp can post there oppinions

i wounder if something like the xrxfacs ray thing test will work on an award like this too

Thanks for the numbers Adrian. I don't know much about this badge either, but the quality does not seem to be what one would expect for this rare award. You have raised several valid points Klinger.

Jay

Quote by sitges1990 View Post
    Thanks for the numbers Adrian. I don't know much about this badge either, but the quality does not seem to be what one would expect for this rare award. You have raised several valid points Klinger.

Jay
    thanks, this is what i was thinking

?

It 's a very nice set but I have not knowledge to say if good or not. They say it 's an unmarked Juncker.
    I think it was not really for sale but just to show. Price is crazy.
    I want to remember that a cased Deutsches Kreuz in Gold mit Brillanten by Rath Berlin (just 10 crosses produced !! ) was for sale by Weitze for 70.000 Euro, one of them (probably the same) was sold by Thies for about 50.000 Euro (a bit time before).

Quote by fabri View Post
    It 's a very nice set but I have not knowledge to say if good or not. They say it 's an unmarked Juncker.
    I think it was not really for sale but just to show. Price is crazy.
    I want to remember that a cased Deutsches Kreuz in Gold mit Brillanten by Rath Berlin (just 10 crosses produced !! ) was for sale by Weitze for 70.000 Euro, one of them (probably the same) was sold by Thies for about 50.000 Euro (a bit time before).
    wow
    i wish i had a cross like this and the money as well
    but i woud buy an ss tunic and not the cross for the money
    its a bit of a shame that some nice things are so expensive, yes i know it is rare, but you know what i mean

one nice pic i found and i found an intresting text :

The close combat badge is a handsome, distininctive decoration. Perhaps due to its being introduced late in the war, the finishes of the clasps have a tendency to drop off or oxidize. If you encounter a profusely marked close combat clasp that bends or an unmarked one with a loosely hinged pin, congratulations, you found one of the early 1970's reproductions.

Tim Curley, "Close Combat Clasps - Some Observations", 1993

by the way i dont know this trader but he has 4 of the gold ones for sale at the moment Military & Civil Badges
    Attached Images Attached Images Nahkampfspange des Heeres in Gold, in Etui. 

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast