Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Nahkampfspange des Heeres in Gold, in Etui.

Article about: Guys, I thought I would post this Nahkampfspange in Gold which is the highest Heer combat award and was offered for sale today by Markus Schultze at Militaria-Berlin. This has got to be one

Default Re: Nahkampfspange des Heeres in Gold, im Etui.

one more text part
    The design of the Close Combat Clasp or "Nahkampfspange" was actually the same for all three grades, varying in color only. Interestingly, thc designer, Peekhaus, used part of his design for the General Assault Badge on the Close Combat Clasp, that is the crossed bayonet and Stick grenade

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nahkampfspange des Heeres in Gold, in Etui.
    P
    Many

Hello Gentlemen,

I agree with Adrian, the degree of detail and such on these awards, varies by maker. Like the Infanteriesturmabzeichen's, there are scores of Panzerkampfabzeichen variants, some having horrible detailing, flaws and poor quality, but textbook originals all the same. I can't comment on this particular badge, but the seller is as honest and knowledgable as they come. I'm sure he did his homework.

BR,
    James

Quote by mansioneer View Post
    Hello Gentlemen,

I agree with Adrian, the degree of detail and such on these awards, varies by maker. Like the Infanteriesturmabzeichen's, there are scores of Panzerkampfabzeichen variants, some having horrible detailing, flaws and poor quality, but textbook originals all the same. I can't comment on this particular badge, but the seller is as honest and knowledgable as they come. I'm sure he did his homework.

BR,
    James
    shure he is but as i told befor we all just human, and i have never seen an clasp like this even in bronze or silver with these bad details and strange finish, i still thing this one is bad as hell, sorry for that

klinger,You are 100% correct!I own a gold CCC presentation clasp.The one thats posted is a fake!!!.Check the crudness of the bayonet and potato masher.This award was reguarded as Hitler's highest military award and he personally presented many of the (as stated) of the 603 pieces of this extremely rare award! Your observations along with the point i made shows this to be fake, period!!! i can give facts if wanted and again that piece is a fake.Goodbuys

Quote by klinger View Post
    are you shure it is a real one, i dont like the leafs in the middel and the finnish at all, the box has more wear as the goldy at all even holes in the fabric, doint get me wrong but this is my oppinion
    klinger,Check my post on this close combat clasp.Goodbuys REPRO cases are made today for just about every LUFTWAFFE BADGE AS WELL AS OTHER PIECES.

?

Quote by goodbuys View Post
    klinger,Check my post on this close combat clasp.Goodbuys
    Klinger won't be able to do that as he is banned.

Can anyone offer an in depth analysis as to what make this Nahkampfspange and Etui a fake please? Show us what is wrong with it.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Adrian,I did not know he was banned!I could write a thousand words on this piece and the points i made are valid,IMO.To start with the case is brand new and that is a mute point with this rare award.NO presentation badge would have such a TERRIBLE strike as it was a highly honored award and you know how the German's felt about these awards!There are end leafs missing,ends of the clasp poorly stuck and not there!If you dont agree then go to GERMAN COMBAT AWARDS AND CHECK THE PRESENTATION PIECE THEY CHAT ABOUT! ALSO HAVE fOREMAN'S BOOK AND OTHER BOOKS WHICH DO NOT SHOW THESE BAD POINTS.Dont know why he was banned,but i am sure their was a very good reason.Carl The bayonet and masher are badly struck and that is a no brainer in my book!!

?

Default Re: Nahkampfspange des Heeres in Gold, in Etui.

What I'm trying to do is encourage is discussion and debate over the award with facts that can be proven. I personally have little or no knowledge of these awards but I do know there are members here who do and I as I'm sure many other would like to learn the finer points of this award in particular.
    If there are issues about this piece and members can make statements over what points are good or bad it would be very beneficial to back up any claims here on the forum.
    Can anyone show the bad points of this award comparing it to a known original? With photos? Saying "The bayonet looks funny" doesn't mean much unless you can show why the bayonet looks funny in comparison to a known original. Does anyone know who made the clasp I opened the thread with? Can anyone present a case for it being good or bad?

I dont understand the points i made are valid points and i have knowledge because i own a GOLD close combat clasp presentation piece.If you look at the bayonet and the masher the end of the masher and the handle of the bayonet are not struck well and these close combat clasp are presented in many cases by Hitler himself!!! I said if you are not satisfied with the points i made check GERMAN COMBAT AWARDS forum and discussion! This piece is a fake and their is nothing more i can say! Check Foreman's books or any other people with knowledge and i dont know what else i can give you in the way thats not proof the CCC is fake.Goodbuys PS.This piece is missing parts of the oaklleaves and the eagle is terrible and so are the ends of the leaves!

?

Carl, it's not whether I'm satisfied with your answers, it's to do with being able to show the forum members why you believe this set to be fake. I personally have no opinion as to the originality of it because I simply don't know enough about these awards. No-one is arguing with you or the points you have made, I would just like to see the points you've made in photos, explain why you've come to the conclusions you have. If you own a Gold presentation Nahkampfspange and it differs from the one I started the thread with, show us the differences. Just saying 'this is bad, that's wrong' without qualifying your statements is not helpful to anyone because other than the piece in post #1 there is nothing to compare to!
    Am I right in saying only Juncker made these presentation pieces? How many variants of them are there? Why does the clasp in this thread not measure up to an original example.
    I have checked GCA, is the clasp in this thread featured there because I couldn't find it?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast