MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Nahkampfspange in gold.

Article about: Hi all, I recently purchased this Nahkampfspange in gold from the family of a British vet, they mentioned they had cleaned it at one stage a fair while back but thankfully it still retains a

Default Nahkampfspange in gold.

Hi all, I recently purchased this Nahkampfspange in gold from the family of a British vet, they mentioned they had cleaned it at one stage a fair while back but thankfully it still retains a fair amount of the gold finish. The pin is currently held on by a small piece of wire, nevertheless I am pretty happy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nahkampfspange in gold.   Nahkampfspange in gold.  

Nahkampfspange in gold.   Nahkampfspange in gold.  

Nahkampfspange in gold.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nahkampfspange in gold.
    P
    Many

A large font, Type 1.1.1 in Thomas Durante's CCC book.
    Congrats!
    I would carefully try to remove the left over polish in the recesses if it were mine.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks Ralph! I am certainly thinking about it...

Quote by JonathanW View Post
    Thanks Ralph! I am certainly thinking about it...
    If you are not familiar with any particular methods, PM me.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hi, a very nice award, and I would guess that there is plenty more gold finish remaining underneath the dried Brasso! Leon.

Nahkampfspange in gold.Nahkampfspange in gold.Nahkampfspange in gold.Nahkampfspange in gold.

Here are some new photos after a very careful clean.

I agree with the others in all but the grade of award of the clasp. In my opinion this one is not gold, but a bronze example, the finish appearing to be the " Light Bronze Brennlack" type used by this manufacturer amongst others.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Default CCC Bronze

Hi Ned, I see what you mean, the gold grades usually are deeper in colour...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nahkampfspange in gold.   Nahkampfspange in gold.  

Quote by JonathanW View Post
    Hi Ned, I see what you mean, the gold grades usually are deeper in colour...
    Yeah, it's definitely a bronze grade, the difference price wise from a gold grade is considerable. I hope you haven't been burned by the misinterpretation of the grade when you bought it assuming it was described as such.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thats ok, I'm still pretty happy . No, I did not get burned thank goodness. Thanks for the Identification Ned