Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Nahkampfspange in Gold, FLL

Article about: Hi, Stumbled across this piece and is listed as original.. I've compared and contrasted with images of originals on Wehrmacht-Awards - a piece from Ivan Bombardieri Collection. I'm still not

?

Default Nahkampfspange in Gold, FLL

Hi,
    Stumbled across this piece and is listed as original.. I've compared and contrasted with images of originals on Wehrmacht-Awards - a piece from Ivan Bombardieri Collection. I'm still not satisfied with my efforts as this is a highly faked piece...

Thoughts would be great thank you!
    Cheers!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nahkampfspange in Gold,  FLL   Nahkampfspange in Gold,  FLL  

Nahkampfspange in Gold,  FLL   Nahkampfspange in Gold,  FLL  

Nahkampfspange in Gold,  FLL   Nahkampfspange in Gold,  FLL  

Last edited by rbminis; 07-27-2014 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Edited title to use correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nahkampfspange in Gold,  FLL
    P
    Many

I like it...Vaulted badge, correct flared pin, backplate...Let's see what others have to say, as these aren't necessarily my specialty...
    cheers, Glenn
    Last edited by bigmacglenn; 07-27-2014 at 05:08 PM.

I dissagree Glenn. IMO it is a dangerous and well made fake.

Regards
    Joe

Thanks, Joe! If it's a fake, then it's a pretty good one...sure fooled me, I must admit!
    cheers, Glenn

Hi Glenn,

this kind of fake fooled a lot of collectors. This clasp was also offered on a auction side....saw this clasp there too, it is the same!

Regards
    Joe

Edited title and moved to the correct forum.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Any originals to base that on ? I too was fooled, It seemed to be good to me also.. I mean thread links, not to doubt you of course.. Thanks..G

Well spotted Joe!

It looks like one of Staegemaier's fake CCC's that he started churning out around 6-8 years ago. There were many different types, gradually getting better and better, the hardware improved, but the obverse details are always weak, especially where the eagle is concerned. It is perhaps no coincidence that the obverse pictures above are unfocussed and small. Here's what I believe is the same badge from Stagemaier's catalogue. Again, good work Joe, you are a great asset to this forum!

Regards, Ned.

Nahkampfspange in Gold,  FLLNahkampfspange in Gold,  FLLNahkampfspange in Gold,  FLLNahkampfspange in Gold,  FLL
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Thank you for your help gentleman! I really do appreciate it as without these forums, us new collectors would fall victim to many fakes due to poor knowledge. It saddens me that people do this in the best way they can to get your hard earned money. It worries me, fakes that are this good.