Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Nahkampfspange JFS silver question

Article about: Could I get your opinions on this ccc? It is on a dealers site and these are his pictures. I dont have much experience with these and am looking for one. Want an original one though and I ha

Default Nahkampfspange JFS silver question

Could I get your opinions on this ccc? It is on a dealers site and these are his pictures. I dont have much experience with these and am looking for one. Want an original one though and I have doubts about this one.

Thanks for your help.
    Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nahkampfspange JFS silver question   Nahkampfspange JFS silver question  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nahkampfspange JFS silver question
    P
    Many

Hi there, I'm not keen either. Dagger & grenade don't look right. Even though this is supposed to be a stamped makers mark variant, which are rarer. The hinge is trying to look resoldered. There are a lot of inconsistancies compared to an accepted original first pattern JFS. Stewy

I agree with Stewy.
    Although this example is a bronze, compare the bayonet blade with this one. The one you posted looks too much like a butter knife compared to it.
    Nahkampfspange in Bronze, jfs first type
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks for the input Stewy and Ralph. The bayonet was one of the big questions I had in particular the handle. How do we tell that this is a bronze?

Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nahkampfspange JFS silver question  

Ralph was referring to the link when he said bronze. Not the one you posted. Stewy

Quote by Stewy S View Post
    Ralph was referring to the link when he said bronze. Not the one you posted. Stewy
    Ah yes thanks for the clarification Stewy. Appreciate the input.

Steve

The obverse design is pure fantasy, never used on a genuine CCC by any maker, but this same pattern can be found marked for FLL manufactured clasps as well. The reverse details including the square recess, crimping method and hardware are different on these from the JFS version.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thanks Ned. That helps me sort out what I am looking at.

Steve

The bayonet alone screams "Walk away!"...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Although a bronze, here is a genuine JFS type 1 obverse for comparison.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast