Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Nahkampfspange real or fake?

Article about: by big ned Hi Joe, That's interesting and possible I guess. Can you show an example of either known type of JFS close combat clasp with a fluted pin, either factory fitted or a jeweller/othe

Default Re: Nahkampfspange real or fake?

Quote by big ned View Post
    Hi Joe,

That's interesting and possible I guess. Can you show an example of either known type of JFS close combat clasp with a fluted pin, either factory fitted or a jeweller/other repair, as i've looked around a lot of these and haven't found one yet, not to say they aren't out there!

I also agree that this fake obverse design is found on other makers badges such as AGMuK, and they are also considered to be from the Staegemeir stable.

Regards, Ned.
    Hi Ned,

i can not show especialy a JFS with a fluted pin.I wanted only say,that a not textbook looking piece is not always a fake.Do you know what i mean?It´s not easy for me with my limited english find the right words.

Here for example uncommon combinations:GCA Forum | Access denied.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nahkampfspange real or fake?
    P
    Many

Quote by Kradmelder View Post
    Hi Ned,

i can not show especialy a JFS with a fluted pin.I wanted only say,that a not textbook looking piece is not always a fake.Do you know what i mean?It´s not easy for me with my limited english find the right words.
    Hi Joe,

I know what you're saying mate, don't get me wrong, you only have to look at rare anomalies of set ups or maker marks on Panzerkampf Abzeichen's to this did occur occaisionally!

BTW, your English is fine, far better than my schoolboy German learnt from 80's European...err.....'jazz' movies.......
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

1st type JFS for comparison.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Hi Joe,

I know what you're saying mate, don't get me wrong, you only have to look at rare anomalies of set ups or maker marks on Panzerkampf Abzeichen's to this did occur occaisionally!

BTW, your English is fine, far better than my schoolboy German learnt from 80's European...err.....'jazz' movies.......
    I was sure,that you know was i meantioned my friend.In my opinion,the set-up`s was not produced in the most times of the manufacturer of the badges self.I think the set up`s was coming very often of sub-manufacturer.

Or for example my new adding close combat clasp who is attributed to "Deschler".Why used "Deschler" in parts (very uncommon) a blue backplate?We can it not say for sure,what was the reason.There are so many questions in my head to many pieces.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nahkampfspange real or fake?  

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    1st type JFS for comparison.

Your clasp is textbook all the way Glenn

better pictures:

Sorry to say but these images only condemn the piece further. Look at the alignment of the F in 'FEC', the first E in 'Peekhaus' and the B in 'Berlin'. See how aligned they are? Then compare with other genuine type 1s and see how this maker mark differs. Surely no-one can suggest that not only is this an original type 1 with a variant pin but also with a variant maker mark?

This also casts some doubt on the example you post above Ned, is this one in your collection by any chance?

DarkEagle, I know you want this one to be good but the closer you look at a turd, the more it stinks...

This also casts some doubt on the example you post above Ned, is this one in your collection by any chance?

Hi Glenn,

You're absolutely right!! It's not mine, it's an example of the same fake as Dark Eagle has that I was using for comparison to compare the two and erroneously posted here as original by mistake! It's actually off a database posted by Tom Durante as a fake....Sorry guys! The silver one is good though....

I only have one Nahkampfspange myself, and that's an AGMuK small font, flatwired catch type 1.4.2. in bronze, here it is below.

Sorry for all the confusion, I shall now go and sit on the naughty step.

Chastened, Ned.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nahkampfspange real or fake?   Nahkampfspange real or fake?  

We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thanks for the closer pics,but it´s still a fake clasp.

Ned your clasp is very nice and also to see in the reference thread.Are you planing the one or other new Nahkampfspangen adding in the future?And when yes,which maker do you like?

Quote by Kradmelder View Post
    Thanks for the closer pics,but it´s still a fake clasp.

Ned your clasp is very nice and also to see in the reference thread.Are you planing the one or other new Nahkampfspangen adding in the future?And when yes,which maker do you like?
    Hi Joe,

Without doubt i'll pick another one up at sometime in the future, it's just when a nice one comes along that tickles my fancy really, the one i've got was an impulse buy tbh. As far as which close combat clasps I like, well a nice Gold presentation one wouldn't go amiss... But in reality, I rather like the GWL made ones, or perhaps a Deschler with the sapphire blue backplate, but although i've already got an example of one type they made, AGMuK are hard to beat design/quality wise.

It's not something i'm really going to get that into collecting, but I do like looking at and studying the various types by different makers and how they varied and evolved overtime, that does interest me.

Regards, Ned.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast