Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

The Nahkampfspange: required reading.

Article about: Title: The German Close Combat Clasp of World War II Released on November 15th, 2007 ISBN: 978-90-81230-11-7 Size: 310 pages (full color), 6" x 9" hard-cover Language: English Writ

Default The Nahkampfspange: required reading.

Title: The German Close Combat Clasp of World War II

Released on November 15th, 2007

ISBN: 978-90-81230-11-7

Size: 310 pages (full color), 6" x 9" hard-cover

Language: English

Written by our own forum member Thomas M. Durante.

In general, the book covers every original variant of the Close Combat Clasp ever produced and contains the following:

*60+ pages solely devoted to the mind-numbing myriad of AGMuK variants and neatly categorizes them into easily-recognizable groups

*Identification/connection of 3 unmarked CCCs to known makers

*A "Chart of Finishes" after each maker section showing examples of the different types of finishes used by each company and the different wear patterns that can be found on originals by each maker

*Gold Presentation Close Combat Clasp and its variants as well as detailed pictures of each different case these rare awards came in

*In-depth section on the "History & Regulations" of the close combat clasp

*Award Documents, showcasing all types from the typical format to the ultra-rare variants

*Minatures

*Reproductions, showing 13 of the most up to date and high quality fakes on the market today along with several fake packet examples

*Section on "Future Research" depicting examples of how many of the AGMuK CCCs could possibly be attributed to several makers in the Gablonz area

*875 pictures, many never seen before in any publication or forum.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The Nahkampfspange: required reading.
    P
    Many

Default Re: The Nahkampfspange: required reading.

Does anyone know where this publication is available from?

Books are a great investment in this hobby...couldn't find on Amazon either!
    Glenn

Nothing on Amazon Glenn,would love this book but very hard to find now.

I would contact Tom Durante direct, he is a member of the forum.

Cheers, Ade
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks Ade,will give Tom a bell.

A 2nd Edition will be available in January of 2019.

Hi guys,

I am happy to announce my new book on the Close Combat Clasp. This is the 2nd edition to the first printing more than 11 years ago. I have gotten alot of request over the years to do a 2nd printing and I took the opportunity to add in as many variants of the clasp I could put my hands on and am happy to say that this book will no disappoint!

It is a complete book on the Close Combat Clasp, including every individual clasp maker and all their variants. No unique die characterstic or reverse hardware setup change was too small; each has been categorized and examined in great detail along with an explanation of what sets that variant apart from other clasps.

I have also added several "Quick Reference Charts" to all chapters for quick and easy identification of each maker and each clasp variant. This will be a big help in sorting out the many variations of AGMuK clasps, among others.

My first book was 309 pages, this 2nd edition is 464. It includes all the information from the first book, along with all the additional variants.

A large chapter on the Golden Presentation Close Combat Clasp is included, with several examples of each pattern being shown, along with their respective cases.

There are many nice groupings in the book, but also Award Documents have been broken out separately and giving their own chapter which will make them easier to identify and search.

Cartons, packets and cellophane bags have also been shown in a separate chapter with all the variations found with each example, and what sets them apart from reproductions

And last but not least, a full chapter on all the most recent and dangerous fakes on the market. More than 11 years have past since the first printing and unfortunately the fakes have gotten better and harder to detect so I feel a dedicated chapter on the best reproductions to date is an important aspect to any collector book.

Over 460 pages and 1,350 high quality, color images in 7" x 9.5" format.

The books are currently being printed and are scheduled to done and shipped from the printer to me on January 18th.

Book price will be $159 + S&H. The first 100 will Limited Edition, serial numbered and signed by me, and I will offer those at $179 + S&H.

I am offering a 10% discount for any orders that come in before January 18th. And all contributors to the book will also get a 10% discount for their kind and generous assistance.

Please email me at [email protected] if interested.

Thanks guys, I know you guys will be very happy with this book.

Tom

The Nahkampfspange: required reading.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)