Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Nahkampfspange and Schnellboot-Kriegsabzeichen.

Article about: Nahkampf Spangen and Torpedoboat Abzeichen

?

Default Nahkampfspange and Schnellboot-Kriegsabzeichen.

Nahkampf Spangen and Torpedoboat Abzeichen
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nahkampfspange and  Schnellboot-Kriegsabzeichen.   Nahkampfspange and  Schnellboot-Kriegsabzeichen.  

Nahkampfspange and  Schnellboot-Kriegsabzeichen.   Nahkampfspange and  Schnellboot-Kriegsabzeichen.  

Nahkampfspange and  Schnellboot-Kriegsabzeichen.  
    Last edited by Adrian; 02-05-2012 at 12:20 AM.
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nahkampfspange and  Schnellboot-Kriegsabzeichen.
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Nahkampfspange and Schnellboot-Kriegsabzeichen.

I'm not liking either Schnellboot-Kriegsabzeichen Dimas. Both vary in details from known originals.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Better pics of all awards would help Dimas. Stewy

?

I will make the pictures by day light tommorow
    Regards,
    Dimas

?

as promised. Before I've post them, I feel comfortable with them , they are approx a 10 years in my collection
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nahkampfspange and  Schnellboot-Kriegsabzeichen.   Nahkampfspange and  Schnellboot-Kriegsabzeichen.  

Nahkampfspange and  Schnellboot-Kriegsabzeichen.   Nahkampfspange and  Schnellboot-Kriegsabzeichen.  

Nahkampfspange and  Schnellboot-Kriegsabzeichen.  
    Attached Images Attached Images Nahkampfspange and  Schnellboot-Kriegsabzeichen.  Nahkampfspange and  Schnellboot-Kriegsabzeichen. 
    Last edited by Adrian; 02-05-2012 at 11:39 PM.
    Regards,
    Dimas

?

Ok, regarding the Schnellboot Kriegsabzeichen. Thank you for posting the new pics Dimas, they make a world of difference.

The first one, first type is one of the controversial French made Bacqueville made badges. Everyone has their own theory about the authenticity of this type of badge but there are so many questions surrounding them, whether or not you add one to your collection is personal preference.
    Apparently made in France during the war by a French company you will only encounter Kriegsmarine badges from this maker. They did not produce Heer or Luftwaffe badges. Interestingly, and a point which makes collectors question these badges is that you will not find a Minensuch Kriegsabzeichen in the Bacqueville style. This begs the question why not? The most commonly found and issued Kriegsmarine badge not being made by a firm which seemed to make every other type of KM badge? Another interesting point is that this firm only produced the first type Schnellboot Kriegsabzeichen, not the second? Lots of questions but only speculative answers! I guess if you own a Bacqueville badge it's original, if you don't they're fake!

The second badge, second type Schnellboot Kriegsabzeichen I believe to be an original judging by these new photos. Some of the details which looked wrong in the first set of pics are now clearer. Compare to mine below. Both badges have the cut out swastika, you can also find them with a solid swastika.

?

Adrian, thanks for a advanced answer.
    The first Bacqueville badge is by my point is a period one, due I owe it approx a 10-15 years and originally it never seen market, as I've bought it from the guy who found it in the instrumental box in old house for a bargain price, the second bought in Germany a couple of years ago, but it must be changed in nearest future for a better condition badge, I want one with a good gold finish
    Regards,
    Dimas

Dimas,

Just keep in mind that the second pattern was never manufactured in tombak...only zinc. The AS in a triangle seems to hold up the best. I'll post a pic of mine later today for you to see.

All the best,
    Chrys

?

Yes, Chrys is right about that. For some reason AS in triangle badges do retain their finish very well by comparison. There is a thread here somewhere devoted to the Schnellboot Kriegsabzeichen where some nice examples have been posted. Schwerin badges despite being the best looking IMO don't hold their finish well. The badge in my collection is positively mint compared to some.