MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Nahkampfspange in Silber?

Article about: Yet another for your opinions, Silver award by FLL, it is offered for sale at auction with a guide price of £100 to £150, I have browsed this sub forum and there is obviously a lot of knowle

Default Nahkampfspange in Silber?

Yet another for your opinions, Silver award by FLL, it is offered for sale at auction with a guide price of £100 to £150, I have browsed this sub forum and there is obviously a lot of knowledge out there so is it a good one ?

My own opinion is that its doubtfull, I dont like the way the clasp is sort of 'tacked' to the rear and the finish is too bright, I may be very wide of the mark so someone educate me...................
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nahkampfspange in Silber?   Nahkampfspange in Silber?  

Last edited by rbminis; 08-04-2014 at 08:19 PM. Reason: Edited title to use correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nahkampfspange in Silber?
    P
    Many

With a huge casting flaw on the reverse as can be seen, and incorrect hinge and catch for this late war piece, a definite 'Isn't' without even looking further.....
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    With a huge casting flaw on the reverse as can be seen, a definite 'Isn't' without even looking further.....
    Thank You Ned, quick reply, saved me the cash and the indignity of posting it if I'd bought it, yes the casting flaw is 'noticeable' to say the least, I will keep reading and learning................cheers.....Phil

Wow...that's a new one! Can't say that I've ever seen such a huge casting flaw before either. It Does kind of give a good serious Clue on it's originality or not...lol
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Good job BIG NED!!!!!
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

A well known fake clasp. Also to find with other maker marks and set up`s.

Are there versions of this copy without the fault?

I didn't know that they were faking that type of needle already...good to know.
    cheers, Glenn

Quote by Rangergul View Post
    Are there versions of this copy without the fault?
    Short answer-Yes. If you own one or intend purchasing similar I would advise you post it here for evaluation old chap.

Welcome to the forum, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I would do if it would let me upload pics! I have one I bought years ago that I was never 'sure about' that looks very similar to this copy.

I am trying to upload via smartphone, do I have to upload via computer only?

Ps, thank you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast