MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Nahkampfspange silber A.G.M.u.K Gablonz authentic?

Article about: Hello Gentlemen, I am looking for a Nahkampfspange silber, in order to put close to my Nahkampfspange bronze (a junker, presented in a previous post). I think this one below is a good one, d

Default Nahkampfspange silber A.G.M.u.K Gablonz authentic?

Hello Gentlemen,

I am looking for a Nahkampfspange silber, in order to put close to my Nahkampfspange bronze (a junker, presented in a previous post). I think this one below is a good one, despite I'm a bit worried about the finish (mostly gone?), but just to be sure may I have your opinion?

thank you by advance,
    regards,
    Pierre

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nahkampfspange silber A.G.M.u.K Gablonz authentic?
    P
    Many

I think it's good. I've got a silver one, posted on the forum (somewhere). The finish is not much different to yours. Stewy

MAP
    ?

I like it. Have to check my bronze & Silver versions. Don't remember them being so curved. But it's been a while since I held them in hand.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

This one looks to be hand-vaulted. It's a wonder that they did not pop out the back plate by curving it so much. The silver finish is rarely ever good, as the base metal readily absorbed it in most cases. This one looks genuine, but as you noted there is very little visible silvering on the front side, which is the display side, of course. Personally, I would continue hunting and search for one with better silver to it. They Are out there, but are considerably rare, of course, and will cost a good deal more in price.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by MAP View Post
    I like it. Have to check my bronze & Silver versions. Don't remember them being so curved. But it's been a while since I held them in hand.
    There is variety in the amount of vaulting in these. Of the examples I have, it seems like the ones with the weakest retaining crimps have the most vaulting.
    Here is a photo that I took to illustrate the difference.
    Ralph.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Good illustration Ralph. The pin also can differ slightly too. Some are straight out of the hinge & some have the "riser". I would think the later ones of this variant had a lift (riser) on the pin as it leaves the hinge, to help them from popping off the uniform. Just a thought though. Stewy

Nice clasp for me too.

KR
    Joe

nice one to get.

The silver in many cases is fast to disappear. Note on my example what appears to be a nice silver finish is actually the clean zink base metal with only a few remains of silver to be seen in the extremities.

Hello Gentlemen,

I took me quite a while to add some comments because I finally just received it from Germany yesterday. According to your comments and to the fact that the price was very reasonable I bought it. I think it does a nice couple with my bronze example. Now I'll wait to hit the lottery in order to buy a gold one.

I would like to thank you for all your interesting comments, especially the ones about the finish and the vaulted shape.
    Indeed, it has been clearly hand vaulted, I suppose it makes it more convenient to wear when you carry on strap a K98 rifle or a MP40. It may avoid the nahkampfspange to be caught and removed by the strap? Furthermore, the fact that the display face is the most used seems logical if it has been worn.
    Of course it's pure speculation but I like to think this badge has seen a bit of action.

Greetings,
    Pierre

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast