Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Nahkampfspange in silver (Unmarked)

Article about: Hi Chaps. First of all, i would like to wish you all a very Merry Christmas. I,ve had this clasp in my collection for quite a while now, but have always had my doubts about it. It measures u

Default Nahkampfspange in silver (Unmarked)

Hi Chaps. First of all, i would like to wish you all a very Merry Christmas.
    I,ve had this clasp in my collection for quite a while now, but have always had my doubts about it. It measures up fine, 97mm in length and 26mm wide. Weighs in at 29grms, obviously it will be a little light due to there being no back plate. It looks like it has had a replacement catch fitted. But i just get the feeling it's not right.
    Would appreciate your thoughts.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nahkampfspange in silver (Unmarked)   Nahkampfspange in silver (Unmarked)  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nahkampfspange in silver (Unmarked)
    P
    Many

?

Default re: Nahkampfspange in silver (Unmarked)

Hello,

its a fake clasp, based on a S&L, the easiest give away is the shape of the pin.

Cheers Janos. I know the pin has been replaced. Is that the only red flag that you can find?

Best regards
    Mark

?

Can you post pictures from the hinge and the catch?

Hinge and pin
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nahkampfspange in silver (Unmarked)   Nahkampfspange in silver (Unmarked)  

Nahkampfspange in silver (Unmarked)   Nahkampfspange in silver (Unmarked)  

?

To tell you the truth, I usually pass on those badges which has replaced set up, you can see the mess around the hinge.Also the back plate missing, which suspect that the finish is not original, it looks different what I would suspect from an S&L silver finish.
    I would say, its might be an original clasp, but the clean finish on a messed set up clasp whioch has no back plate, not so promissing...

Thanks for your feedback, but i,m still none the wiser. Is it a good clasp with a duff pin, or a complete load of rubbish? If the actual clasp is good then i'll keep it, but if the whole thing is rubbish, then it's destined for the bin.
    Any other thoughts from the experts would be appreciated.
    Best
    Mark.

?

Hello Mark,

can I post this clasp to an other forum where the author of the CCC book can tell his opinion about this clasp?

Hi Janos. Yes mate, please do.

Many thanks
    Mark

I have to say it looks VERY fresh in the area where the backplate should have been...almost like there never has been a plate in there at all. Surely when an original backplate is crimped into place there should be some scratching of the finish.

I'm thinking that if the hinge, pin AND catch have been replaced and the backplate is missing, that there are 4 negative signs that each diminish the liklihood of the badge itself being original. I would ask myself why such an otherwise excellent condition badge has needed such major repair, it just doesn't ring true with me. I do like the detail on the badge itself which is a plus, I'll have to compare to my unmarked example when I get home.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast