Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need Help! Nahkampfspange in bronze - Real or Not? :)

Article about: Hello everybody, what is your opinion about this one? Marker is FLL I have no better pics! Thank you everybody!

Default Need Help! Nahkampfspange in bronze - Real or Not? :)

Hello everybody,

what is your opinion about this one? Marker is FLL

What matetiral is Zinc, i guess. I have troubles with the Zinc Pest in future times....

I have no better pics! Thank you everybody!

Last edited by rbminis; 11-05-2017 at 07:44 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need Help! Nahkampfspange in bronze - Real or Not? :)
    P
    Many

It looks fine to me.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    It looks fine to me.
    Ralph.
    Yep, as you say the pictures could be better but from these I can't see anything wrong here.

I can't see any sign of zinc pest either. If it is stored correctly ie away from moisture it should not develop zinc pest. There are methods that some people like to use to preserve zinc badges but a dry atmosphere is better than anything.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

whats with the red circels? no zincpest?

Very nice CCC.

Quote by DrMabuse View Post
    whats with the red circels? no zincpest?
    Wear and tear, not zinc pest. IMO.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Wear and tear, not zinc pest. IMO.
    Ralph.
    I agree, zinc pest is quite different and looks bad as soon as you see it. It creates pits / scars on the surface of the metal.

It's kind of crumbly, furry, rot-like in appearance. It is similar to the corrosion you can sometimes see on car battery terminals.

What you see on your clasp is just age / wear.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Hi,

I agree with all comments above, it's a nice NKS in good condition. I see no zinc pest ether.

Maybe have a look on my first NKS which had a concern with zinc pests and that I cleaned in an appropriate way. I think that will illustrate what we are talking about:
    Nahkampfspange in Bronze, Juncker

regards,

Pierre

Zinc, what a horrid substance. Not only did Germany try and ruin the world between 1939 and 1945, but they also invented the stuff that ruins awards. Did they not think that in 70 years, we would want mint, untarnished items? Selfish if you ask me...

Quote by jamie7d7 View Post
    Zinc, what a horrid substance. Not only did Germany try and ruin the world between 1939 and 1945, but they also invented the stuff that ruins awards. Did they not think that in 70 years, we would want mint, untarnished items? Selfish if you ask me...
    I dont think the Germans think on collectors in 70 years or that the awards would need to exist that long. They were awarded and were meant to be that time. If the Nazis would have won the war and still be present, i guess the awarded soldier could have get new, better ones or their children or greathcildren. Dont forget materila of good quality got more rare for germans as the war went on. And those good quality material were used for weapons, i guess.