Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Opinions on a Nahkampfspange.

Article about: I know almost nothing about these but found this one local for sale. They won't give me a price and ask me to make an offer. I want to make sure it's real first. Thanks in advance, sorry abo

Default Opinions on a Nahkampfspange.

I know almost nothing about these but found this one local for sale. They won't give me a price and ask me to make an offer. I want to make sure it's real first.

Thanks in advance, sorry about the poor quality photos.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions on a Nahkampfspange.   Opinions on a Nahkampfspange.  

Opinions on a Nahkampfspange.  
    Last edited by Adrian; 02-03-2014 at 03:57 AM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions on a Nahkampfspange.
    P
    Many

Pics are very very poor, but it shoult be a original "FLL" clasp from what i can see.

Catch is repaired, backplate lost and the pin a bit bent. The FLL ccc`s are the most common type and often to find.

Regards
    Joe

Hi Joe,

Are you sure that the catch is repaired and wasn't originally soldered on so poorly? Reason I ask is that i've seen other 1.14.1 FLL clasps that have been 'swimming' in solder around the catch and appear repaired, but in fact the original finish is intact over it. I agree that the catch has taken a knock that has distorted it, but cannot be certain it's been repaired. Everything else I thoroughly concur with.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thanks all for your input. Any guess on real value or a fair price I can offer?

Max

Hi Ned,

i think you are right.

The worker who soldered the set-ups in the FLL Company used often very much solder. In the first moment as i looked on the catch,it was looking so big and unreal. But the facts you are spotted are correct.

Sometimes not easy to give a correct opinion with so poor pics.

Quote by Logictox View Post

Max
    Hi Max,

I would be hard pressed to offer $150. TBH, i'd advise you wait for a better one as this one's pretty beat and it's not as if they're rare.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by Logictox View Post

Max
    Make an offer what is worth for you Max!

Quote by Kradmelder View Post
    Make an offer what is worth for you Max!
    That's the best advice!

offer what you are happy with.