Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Silver Nahkampfspange FLL: Help on this one....Real or fake...?

Article about: Anybody else have anything to say???? Thanks you

?

Default Silver Nahkampfspange FLL: Help on this one....Real or fake...?

Hi, I am new to this forum, but not to collecting and have been collecting mainly Waffen SS items and have been out of medals for a few years.

I picked this one up at an estate sale and it looks good to me. Just want to be sure. It has a magnetic back plate and the detail is very high quailty.

Please give me your input.

Thank you.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Silver Nahkampfspange FLL: Help on this one....Real or fake...?   Silver Nahkampfspange FLL: Help on this one....Real or fake...?  

Silver Nahkampfspange FLL: Help on this one....Real or fake...?   Silver Nahkampfspange FLL: Help on this one....Real or fake...?  

Silver Nahkampfspange FLL: Help on this one....Real or fake...?   Silver Nahkampfspange FLL: Help on this one....Real or fake...?  

Last edited by Adrian Stevenson; 12-23-2012 at 04:00 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Silver Nahkampfspange FLL: Help on this one....Real or fake...?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: German Silver close combat badge.....Help on this one....Real or fake...?

This one is a well known fake, sorry.

?

Default Re: German Silver close combat badge.....Help on this one....Real or fake...?

Quote by Anubis View Post
    This one is a well known fake, sorry.
    Please give me details so I know what to look for. Thanks

?

Crimping is not right for a FLL, also look the catch, the long pin, the material of the close combat clasp.I show you two original one.
    Silver Nahkampfspange FLL: Help on this one....Real or fake...?Silver Nahkampfspange FLL: Help on this one....Real or fake...?

why are all these fakes showing up at estate sales?...is there some conspiracy???

ww2fotos
    ?

Quote by Anubis View Post
    Crimping is not right for a FLL, also look the catch, the long pin, the material of the close combat clasp.I show you two original one.
    Silver Nahkampfspange FLL: Help on this one....Real or fake...?Silver Nahkampfspange FLL: Help on this one....Real or fake...?
    I have a question: Is crimping on the back ok with other makes? How about a shorter pin than even your examples?

?

Quote by ww2fotos View Post
    I have a question: Is crimping on the back ok with other makes? How about a shorter pin than even your examples?
    You mean other makers?
    The whole shape of pin is wrong, just check it.
    Those 4 circle I signed is the most give away and the way how the catch is fit to the clasp.

?

Here is another fake which looks just like yours:
    Silver Nahkampfspange FLL: Help on this one....Real or fake...?

Interesting observations Janos

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Default re: Silver Nahkampfspange FLL: Help on this one....Real or fake...?

Thanks János. I learn every day!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast