Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

2 badges up for auction

Article about: Whats everyone think? I realize the last picture is not very good. Thank you all in advance.

Default 2 badges up for auction

Whats everyone think? I realize the last picture is not very good.
    Thank you all in advance.
    2 badges up for auction2 badges up for auction2 badges up for auction

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 2 badges up for auction
    P
    Many

Both are good, would be nice to see a proper reverse shot of the lower one though. It could be an early maker marked piece --- either Gustav Brehmer or Raymond & Nichols (possibly marked pin plate). If not it's probably a Ges Gesch marked only badge, kind of looks like this marking is visible just beneath the attachment.

Thanks for info, I have seen discussions on here about the large gap between the L and the S under the hyphen. Is there anything to that?

No worries --- Also, people that point out things like that as issues do not know what they're talking about... may sound harsh but it's the plain and simple truth.

Obverse designs, as well as reverse designs, came in all sorts of varieties. Look at quality of enamel, planchet material used, reverse markings and type of attachment first... then you can delve into the actual obverse design and other aspects. This one should have a very nice quality enamel --- actually one of my favourite earlier designs with the oblong stippling pattern and nice looking quirky font!

Seems this type is found with engraved (stamped?) makers mark for the two different makers mentioned above (on the planchet), with maker marked pin plates (same makers) or simply Ges Gesch marked.