Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

24mm Fuess GPB --- good or bad?

Article about: Just saw this one... either it's, imo, a very nice looking fake or an excellent condition original (tasty...). Only thing that I could spot giving it a quick once over is the shape of the le

Default 24mm Fuess GPB --- good or bad?

Just saw this one... either it's, imo, a very nice looking fake or an excellent condition original (tasty...). Only thing that I could spot giving it a quick once over is the shape of the letter "c" in Munchen --- which looks "tall" as opposed to the accepted round type. Hard to tell with the enamel from the photos, the font looks good enough to me and the wear and patina, especially to the reverse looks convincing. Couldn't find any matching confirmed fakes looking like this either... I don't really know... on the fence. I'd like to think it's a very good one but I'm concerned that the very appealing condition might be clouding my judgement --- what do you guys think?

24mm Fuess GPB --- good or bad?24mm Fuess GPB --- good or bad?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 24mm Fuess GPB --- good or bad?
    P
    Many

I like it.

Still retaining it's silvered letters and highlights around the swastika including the rings around the red enamelled centre, it appears to be practically mint with non of the usual red flags pertaining to the letters or laurel wreath that I can see. As regards the reverse, it looks perfectly acceptable imo and the letter 'C' is correct and matches the original badge exactly.

Better wait for other opinions before committing yourself though!

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thanks for chiming in, Ned! I feel more confident now with your confirmation --- I don't really see anything bad about it either, it was really just the pin plate "c" that worried me a bit... well, that and the fact that these are usually seen in more worn condition. Hope to get it!

Other opinions and thoughts still welcome, of course!

go for it.

Trying to make the deal as we speak

It's good.

Slados

Looks good to me also, based on the pics given. I wish there were better pics, as usual I'm always suspect until 100% convinced. Not that I'm a good photographer, but are some dealers just awful? Try making contact with the seller/dealer and ask for more pics. If it's an auction, question the return police, just in case. It looks like a very nice quality Fuess!

Mark
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Thanks for the input, Green! I agree, some dealers are real sloppy when it comes to providing detailed photos... I guess high volume and the fact that a lot of people probably do not request better photos enables this and saves them the time and effort. Also, of course, in some instances it's used as a tool for masking/hiding defects or selling off straight fakes...

But, yeah... I like this one too and I don't think there would be much trouble returning it if need be. I can't really put my finger on any one particular thing that would lead me to believe it's bad as of now though --- only thing I was curious about initially was the "c" in "Munchen" and it seems the consensus here is that it's not an issue.

I can see that it's good even from the photos given. It has all the correct traits one likes to see on a Fuess badge. No worries.